Shampoo for DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo for DIY

Okay, what are all of you doing for shampoo? As we hear more and more about furnunculosis, staph infections, etc from shampoo that has gone bad especially pre diluted shampoo. I have bought a case of Tropiclean Puppy in the 20oz. bottles and now use that, any other ideas?

don't predilute shampoo's. if you don't have a water recirculation system, then get one. it is so worth the money. it can be as cheap as a sump pump to an expensive hydrosurge system. then you won't need to predilute. you will save money on shampoo because you will be using less. pour it straight undiluted into the tub. you can use any shampoo you like.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I am going to be using a shampoo from Ryan's. I think it is Valuegroom. I will be using it in my Prima system. I will just add enough to get through the self serve dogs so that it is not sitting around.

Comment

I am getting ready to open a SSDW and I have not heard about staph etc from the shampoos. If you have a quick answer could you post. If not I will research online.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sudsypup View Post
          I am getting ready to open a SSDW and I have not heard about staph etc from the shampoos. If you have a quick answer could you post. If not I will research online.

Thanks

Where are you opening?

The staph infection is actually called "furnunculosis" it can be caused from Old Shampoo, Dirty equipment, etc. Pre-diluted shampoo should not be kept more than 1-2 days.

As a result, I now buy shampoo on sale... whatever brand. Groomers Edge had shampoo on sale a few months ago for $9.95 a gallon, so I bought 10 gallons. Pet silk is having a huge sale this month.

Comment

If our question was about shampoo for self serve wash, what about the hydro machine that hooks on a wall and holds 4 different gallons of shampoo, it dilutes the shampoo and then sprays it on the dog. No premixing. No furnunculosis. And when I saw it -it was free as long as you bought their shampoo, but I guess if you just bought it out right then you could use what ever you wanted. It sprayed just like a recirculating bather with out the recirculating part.

Comment

thats the hydrosurge I have poodle! its fantastic!! Bathing has never been so easy and the shampoo costs is less than it was with the re-circulating type! major difference!

Comment

I don't have a bathing system so I have been buying the Oatmeal shampoo from PetEdge's Top Performance brand in the 2.5 gallon size. I love it, and have been using it on all dogs. I have a small mixing bottle and I put 2 to 2 pumps of the shampoo in and the rest water (depending on the size of dog of course) and use the bottle to kind of spray it on the dog. It lathers up so nice and has been working so well. I started this after all the posts on the furnunculosis. Then I clean out the mixing bottle each day. It is easier for me than dumping all the different types of dilated shampoos I used to have.

Comment

keep something in mind when you use the cheapest shampoo you can find. customers DO notice the difference in the quality of the shampoo. whether they say something or not. i switched conditioner and just about everyone noticed, even some kids and my lab people. i have people on a 3 month shedule and their coats are as soft as the day i did them. thats quality shampoo and that is what they are paying for. i also don't use gimmicks if they have no merit for the sake of additional charges. that's another post for when i have time.
                  "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Thanks for the information. We are opening up in Ohio. When I can't say we are working on financing and negotiating the lease. We are getting two hydrosurges for the shop.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

question about dilluting, what does it mean when it says 15-1 or 32-1.. is the 32-1 better than the 15-1?

Comment

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
                        keep something in mind when you use the cheapest shampoo you can find. customers DO notice the difference in the quality of the shampoo. whether they say something or not. i switched conditioner and just about everyone noticed, even some kids and my lab people. i have people on a 3 month shedule and their coats are as soft as the day i did them. thats quality shampoo and that is what they are paying for. i also don't use gimmicks if they have no merit for the sake of additional charges. that's another post for when i have time.
                        What shampoo do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Pawshpooch View Post
                          question about dilluting, what does it mean when it says 15-1 or 32-1.. is the 32-1 better than the 15-1?
                          depends on what shampoo, the ones that have a choice usually are for different uses like flea/tic or matted coats. I wouldn't say either are better just depends what way you want to use it. If you could use ut at 15:1 the 32:1 would usually be pretty watery.

Comment

Originally posted by sudsypup View Post
                            What shampoo do you use?
                            i have several different lines depending on dog, coat, condition, etc.
                            davis- chlorohexidine and collodial oatmeal
                            shea pet- shea butter/lanolin and shea butter/avocado
                            les pooch- f&t and hypo
                            bobbi panther- the dry shampoo
                            and my last line is being replaced, but i haven't decided on a replacement yet, what is in the running are isle of dogs, some of bobbi panther's other lines and les pooch tearless

sometimes discounted shampoos are discounted for a reason. overstock and close to expiration are just 2 examples.

Comment

For Self Serve we usually use Tropiclean Puppy. I only provide hypo / tearless. They can buy other types.

Comment

Working...
                              X