Number of Dogs in a given town?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of Dogs in a given town?!

Where would one go to get this helpful and pertinant information???

I went to the town hall.
    For a list of all registered dogs in town, their name, address, phone #, breed cost me 45.00 $

Comment

My small town doesn't have that info. Our county officials came to the conclusion that since only a fraction of pet owners were registering them, they would just stop doing it. So we have no county dog tax/license as of two years ago. If your dog is picked up by animal control, you have to show proof of rabies or pay double to get the rabies vacc. But no other vacc. required in our very small rural county.
      Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

Town Hall

Originally posted by lorie View Post
        I went to the town hall.
        For a list of all registered dogs in town, their name, address, phone #, breed cost me 45.00 $
        Do they ask what it is for or why you want the information? Would it suffice to sat you are looking to set up a business in town and want to make sure it is a viable area for your business to thrive?

Comment

I found on the internet when searching that an approximate number would be 63% of the population of the town owns pets. I can't remember the site or anything though.

Comment

My research showed 46% of people own at least one dog. The post above me gave a 63%, but that is of pets and would include cats, birds, snakes, etc. I am researching a spot right now. The real estate broker who handles this shopping center showed there are 19K people with in one mile and 99K with in three miles. Then it is simple to do the math. Of course since the area is apartment heavy, that might change the numbers.

Comment

Working...
            X