Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you spend on google advertising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you spend on google advertising?

Im entering my third month in business, I have not had any new calls in about a week, Im starting to panic. Im spending $200 a month on google ads, paying per click, which basically adds up to about 12clicks max per day so as not to go over the budget. I just spoke with google and they said the groomers whose ads show up on the first page of google, the map portion, spend significantly more but would not say how much. Should I increase it another $100? Thinking I might need to increase my prices by about $5 to cover the increase. What do you spend, do you see it working out?

I was spending half what you're spending, but since I was advertising cat grooms, the price per click is lower and it's much easier to be on the first page. I did spend about an hour tailoring my ad outreach by geographical area, key words, and so on. I tried variations on ads to see which ones worked the best, so my ads were a work in progress. Eventually, I decided the ads were not helping me enough to justify the cost. For me, Yelp reviews have been a big, big help.

Comment

If you are already spending 200 on google ads and considerind adding 100 to the budget, I think you should find a local SEO company to help you get listed better. Search Engine Optimization is the way to go! I am still learning about it, but you get better results because the searches are organic. Meaning, that when someone searches for "dog grooming" or any other of the keywords you have associated, your info will come up. With ads, you aren't always guaranteed to pop up when someone does a related search. Plus, with ads, if you live in a highly competitive area, other businesses may go online and just click your ads just to do it bc they also know how much google charges on average per click! Try to stick with a local company. You have less chance of being scammed. There are a lot of SEO companies out there that will not do what they promise, but still take your money! I found someone in my area that handles SEO and charges 400 a month with no contract. This is a great price especially since there is no contract. Some companies charge upwards of 500-800 for a small business and require at least a year commitment. I just did a search for local SEO companies in my area, and his companies info was listed first. I gigured they had to be good since he was first on the list.

Comment

another thing that will help you show up higher on the list is your rating. Your rating starts to increase when you have at least 5 reviews left on google. Also, it will increase if people click on your website and actually stay there instead of hitting the back button to look for someone else. Having a good website with lots of info and pictures will help keep people's interests. I am in my second, almost third month of business, too, so I know exactly what you are going through. It's tough getting your name out there on the web! Currently, I have a neighbor friend who does my website and SEO, but has not been doing SEO good at all for me. I am def going through the local company I found very soon. lol like in the next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
          I was spending half what you're spending, but since I was advertising cat grooms, the price per click is lower and it's much easier to be on the first page. I did spend about an hour tailoring my ad outreach by geographical area, key words, and so on. I tried variations on ads to see which ones worked the best, so my ads were a work in progress. Eventually, I decided the ads were not helping me enough to justify the cost. For me, Yelp reviews have been a big, big help.
          I am weary of using Yelp. I know I cant please everyone - so as a new business Im terrified of that one bad review that could deter new customers. Im thinking about putting more keywords on my site, that should also help.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyPaws View Post
            I am weary of using Yelp. I know I cant please everyone - so as a new business Im terrified of that one bad review that could deter new customers. Im thinking about putting more keywords on my site, that should also help.
            Make a list of the keywords that you think the public is using to find you. Some services actually let you know what keywords people used and were referred to your site by the search engine. For example, at PetGroomer.com we get plenty of several types in one category I call breed.... groomer bichon, grooming poodle etc. If I was searching for a groomer as a pet owner I might put.... pet groomer sunnyland wa - and others towns and cities and near sunnyland, like Cherryburg, and Tinseltown, so it is groomer or grooming, city, state. Once you have your list, make sure the very first paragraph, or first 2 sentences contain your most popular keywords, but not repetitively. Repetitive words is bad news for indexing by some search engines evaluating your opening text.

Happy Pet Spa offers grooming services by professional groomers serving dog and cat owners in the Sunnyland, Cherryburg, Tinseltown and surrounding area. (no repetitive keywords)

Right out from the start, using this as the first sentence on your home page, you have used the keywords and identified your services of interest to those searching for you on a search engine. Meta tags may contain them but meta tags I hear are not as widely important as they once were. We added dog and cat as appropriate. Certainly some of the public still uses the term dog groomer so we added "dog" and "cat" as appropriate.
            Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

If you're spending $200 a month, people are clicking on the ad and visiting your website, right?
              So I wonder if the issue is needing to have your ad appear on the first page -- or is it your own web site that is the stopping point? When people visit your website, do they call you?

Comment

There are several video tutorials on doggroomingnearme.com that show you how do your own SEO and it's entirely free. Do you have a Facebook page? We update ours pretty much every day with new pics of our grooms. We always ask permission from the owners if we can post their pet. 98% will say yes, then go home and get all their friends to look at their dog, and so on. Starts slow and grows over time. We don't spend and money with Google.

Comment

I agree with emma123.. If they're clicking- it sounds like your site... So many people neglect their site and it can really make or break a groomer

Comment

Working...
                  X