running your business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running your business

Do you all "clean" inbetween stops or just spot clean? By the end of the day I find I am too tired to do much more than vacuum. Then I have to get up early the next day to do it. Then there is paperwork. UGH. I do it all like once a week.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

I clean up after every pet and when I get home I don't *let* myself go inside the house until I'm done cleaning and straightening the van. If I go in the house it's done for until the next day LOL!!

Comment

in between dogs tub and all equipment is cleaned and disinfected and hair removed. at the end of the day the entire truck is disinfected before i call it a night.
      Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
      "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I treat it like I'm an employee, even though it's my van. After each dog, tidy up then at the end of the day, clean everything so it's ready for the next day. Can't leave a shop messy, it will just snowball to a giant clean up session...yuck

Comment

Definitely clean and disinfect as you go with a final cleaning at the end of the day.

Comment

I use the clorox anywhere in between each groom. I also use a lot of Downey on the walls. I have found that at the end of the day I vacuum everything I can and by morning all the hair that was on the walls has now fallen to the floor, so a quick zip with the vacuum again. Even when I used to wipe everything down "clean" by morning there was hair everywhere that I guess was floating in the air the day before.

Comment

I don't like to use clorox. the smell is too much for me. I use Davis's disinfectant.
              Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
              "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
                I don't like to use clorox. the smell is too much for me. I use Davis's disinfectant.
                The Clorox anywhere does not have that obnoxious smell. Just spray and go. No need to wipe. Go to the store and open a bottle and smell it. It just has a clean smell to it.

Comment

I clean as I go, then at the end of the day I wipe every thing down with environcide.

Comment

Clean nut here!

I haven't officially started yet, but I am a total clean nut! In fact, in my last business everyone noticed how spotless my business was. Like a grooming salon, my old biz was very hard to keep clean. The clients totally noticed how clean I was, it was a great selling point and I'm sure that it will be for my grooming business as well. I know from experience how messy grooming is, but I am such a clean nut that I can totally keep on top of it. The downy is a great help for the static, I haven't decided what sanitizers I'm going to use yet. The best way that I have found to keep a messy business spotless is to first design your workspace to be as efficient and uncluttered as possible. I incorperate all of my cleaning supplies into the design and set it up so that they are handy and it looks attractive then I compulsively clean as I go.

Comment

I clean with the Clorox Anywhere Too!!! It really doesnt have a bleachy smell.
                      I clean up in between every pet as well as at the end of the day and sometimes I even clean more than I should, it makes my husband do more around the house as he thinks Im too busy "cleaning" my truck. HeHeHe
                      Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawsitively Purrfect View Post
                        I clean with the Clorox Anywhere Too!!! It really doesnt have a bleachy smell.
                        I clean up in between every pet as well as at the end of the day and sometimes I even clean more than I should, it makes my husband do more around the house as he thinks Im too busy "cleaning" my truck. HeHeHe
                        I hide in my trailer too. If I am cleaning it, he will clean the house or cook dinner. Sometimes he comes out and checks up on me. So, I always look busy even though, I am dancing my butt of to the music I have cranked.

Comment

I hid in my shop last night... my bf cooked dinner for me... but I still had to clean the house afterwards! LOL

Comment

You sound neat!

Originally posted by pamperedpups View Post
                            Definitely clean and disinfect as you go with a final cleaning at the end of the day.
                            Wow! you sound just like me Pampered!

Comment

When I'm done with a dog I use a swifter duster to wipe hair from the ceilings and walls (takes very little time). I then vacuum, disinfect the table/tubs and tools that I used for that dog. At the end of the day I do a pretty thorough cleaning of the van. Once a week I pull everything out of the shelves and do all the areas that require a toothbrush to clean.
                              don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Working...
                              X