Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking Of Going Mobile... Need Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking Of Going Mobile... Need Help!!!

HI!!!
    I am seriously considering opening my own mobile salon. There isn't any in my area so I know it would go over well. After seeing how much a unit costs, my dad wants me to build my own grooming trailer. My question is this: Not including the tub, table, dryer,tanks and cabinet space, what else needs to go into a mobile unit? Is there anything you use that you find to be a necessity and you couldn't live without it?
    Another question: How do you break down the charges? Aside from the dog itself (bath,nails,cut, etc), what else goes into your pricing? Obviously, you need to charge for gas/milage but how much do you charge?
    Oh one more thing... How far do you drive to groom a dog? For example I was thinking like 25 mile radious? Would that be to much, to little?? As you can see I have little experience with this part!!! Any input would be helpful!!! THANK YOU!!!

an air conditioner you will need one for sure as it gets very hot when drying the pets and also a heating system for the winter time as it gets very cold in there too,maybe a super sudser and for sure a shop vac as it makes it easy to clean,now on how you price the pets i guess that depends on how much money you want to make and how much your overhead is going to be example: overhead 1200 month and you want to make 4000 for you add that up=5200 a month that means you have to make a minimum of 1300 a week that means you need to make at least 260 dollars a day 5 days a week it comes down to 52 dollars per dog at least if you groom 5 dogs a day 5 days a week does it make sense or not and all the numbers are just examples not true figures it's all going to depend on how much money you need to make.

Comment

Working...
    X