vet bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vet bills

i have question. should the owner of the shop make the groomer pay have of the vet bill if a dog get hurt during the grooming ?
    also, is there a coverage on the pet insurance to cover the vet bill ? does the rates go up after so many claims ?
    thanks

The insurance thing you'll have to look into yourself. You should know what your policy covers and what it doesn't (if you are theowner) as an employer, I personally would never expect a groomer to pay any part of a vet bill. If injury occurs simply from gross negligence, I'd probably fire the person or at least have a talk and give a very stern warning. Accidents do happen but it really. Depends on the situation

Comment

If the groomer in question is an employee, the owner/employer should have liability insurance that would cover all employees (and I believe it would be illegal to make employee pay for vet bill).
      If the groomer is an IC, then this IC should have their own liability insurance (and this is a whole other issue).

Comment

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
        If the groomer in question is an employee, the owner/employer should have liability insurance that would cover all employees (and I believe it would be illegal to make employee pay for vet bill).
        If the groomer is an IC, then this IC should have their own liability insurance (and this is a whole other issue).
        Exactly. We get this question a lot.
        Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Kishonna... what state are you in? That might make a difference as well.
          Debbie
          There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Working...
          X