NDGAA to offer group health insurance to members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDGAA to offer group health insurance to members

Speaking about insurance.....here is info for NDGAA insurance. I looked into it for just myself as an individual and I was quoted around $450-$500 a month premium. Emma, this may be a cheaper option for you. If you are an employer and wish to offer it to employees the price goes down per individual because now you're sharing the cost. Here is a copy of the recent correspondence I received in my email. I hope it can help someone in need!
    ​​​​
    ​​"As previously announced, NDGAA is very excited to sponsor an Association/Affinity Health Plan for our valuable members.

We have heard from many of you that the cost of providing health benefits for yourself and your employee has gotten cost prohibitive and so we sought a solution.

The NDGAA Health Plan will provide “Big Company” benefits, for the small and medium sized business owner.

For the majority of members, these benefits are available at significantly lower costs than what can be found on your own.

We will be hosting informational Zoom sessions about this program on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

June 21st and 23rd.

Recognizing that it is difficult to attend such a session during the course of normal business hours, each of these meetings will begin at 6:30 pm, EST.

Terence Gorman, of World Insurance, will be presenting and will also take questions."
    Information on each of these meetings is included below:

Tuesday, 6/21 at 6:30 PM

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 654 444 2462
    Passcode: 811883

One tap mobile
    +13126266799,,6544442462#,,,,*811883# US (Chicago)

+16468769923,,6544442462#,,,,*811883# US (New York)

Thursday, 6/23 at 6:30 PM:
    ​​​​​
    Join Zoom Meeting
    https://worldinsurance.zoom.us/j/654...pORUFoUU9NZz09

Meeting ID: 654 444 2462
    Passcode: 811883

One tap mobile
    +13126266799,,6544442462#,,,,*811883# US (Chigago)

NDGAA, Inc.
    P.O. Box 101
    Clark, PA 16113
    724-962-2711
    [email protected]
    www.ndgaa.com

It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

I hope this is a good option for some businesses. It does require that two employees be enrolled, so if I am understanding correctly, it is not for one-person businesses.

Comment

Haven't they been doing this? I know they did when I was a member years ago. I no longer a member.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
        I hope this is a good option for some businesses. It does require that two employees be enrolled, so if I am understanding correctly, it is not for one-person businesses.
        I spoke to the gentlemen mentioned and he said they could offer me a plan as an individual but it would be more expensive as it is meant to be a group plan.
        It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Long time ago they did offer insurance, this is new. Sounds like a decent opportunity.

Comment

I still think the price is outrageous. $500 a month

My husband’s medical insurance, which is fantastic, was about $100 a month from his paycheck. Included all facets of medical care.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
              I still think the price is outrageous. $500 a month

My husband’s medical insurance, which is fantastic, was about $100 a month from his paycheck. Included all facets of medical care.
              That's because the company subsidized it. I 100% guarantee that wasn't the actual cost.

Comment

Totally agree Cockerlvr…that’s how big companies work. And I would venture to guess that the dog grooming employer will be subsidizing the employee cost also. That’s why you have to have at least 2 employees or you will be paying more per person.

I just find it so frustrating that there is such a discrepancy in prices.
                I used to tell him all the time “You have no idea how good you have it”

Comment

Yes I used to do a little groomers in Human Resources in corp companies. Before I was grooming. Basically when we did budgets for personnel there was the cost wages, then another 30% for healthcare benefits and some benefits. Years ago we were paying $400 and up toward each employees healthcare per month.

Comment

I pay less than this but not that much less.

Comment

Working...
                    X