Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Win $499 Mystery Prize - Guess the Breed Contest

Every time you post anywhere on the board 11/22/19 to 1/6/20 you get 1 ticket per post in the drawing for the prize. Subject to rules posted here. https://www.petgroomerforums.com/for...-breed-contest
2 of 2 < >

Read the Fall 2019 Issue of PetGroomer.com Magazine Online (free)

PetGroomer.com Magazine is online free. Here is your link to the most current issue https://issuu.com/petgroomer/docs/pg...cember-2019-fi
See more
See less

Employees grooming salon clients on the sly outside the salon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employees grooming salon clients on the sly outside the salon

What are your thoughts, policies, feelings on this issue?

For me that would be a cause for firing.

Comment

Instant dismissal!
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Illegal, not to mention unethical!

Comment

On the sly is the key here. I would have to terminate as this person is unethical and can't be trusted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

thank you for your input. I am both hurt and furious. I employ six groomers and I still groom as well. We are booked solid into August, but I want to kick these two out yesterday! They have both given me notices that they are leaving, both to care for their families, but given recent events, I want them out now. I even caught one taking pictures of my client cards, but she doesn't know yet. I'm trying to put it off until Friday so I don't inconvenience clients, since we have no where to move them to. Hoping to hire bathers and restructure with remaining groomers to keep up with the schedule. For those of you employing bathers, what system works best to keep the flow of work smooth?

Comment

I agree with you about lack of ethics. You know, if they would just come to me and say they wanted to open their own business and be up front about it, and advertise and earn their own clients by their own merit, I would have respect for them and even send them our overflow. I probably have twenty pages of people wanting appointments whom we can't get to. I would have referred people to them. But with these actions and the deceit....no way.

Comment

Absolute dismissal and totally unethical. My dh is a painting contractor and we had gone to a vet, who did save my one of my dog's life.. and we owed him $5000. We had just gone through bankruptcy..money was so tight it wasn't funny.. and this vet allowed us to make payments, which we did for a couple of years. The vet needed his building, his office painted badly.. and my dh kept offering a trade.. and the vet finally accepted, and we traded the rest of what we owed him for some paint work.

Well... we got a call from another employee.. did we know that the employee who had painted the vet's office was now painting the rest of the vet's HOUSE??? So... the vet, hires an unlicensed, non-contractor, OUR employee, to paint his house. And that employee?? FIRED on the spot for going behind my dh's back and doing the work. I won't say what I think of the vet.. other than totally unethical. I don't wish him well. I don't trust people like him.

You shouldn't trust people like that, you can't trust people who do that. I won't tolerate lies, deceit, or unethical behavior.
                Debbie
                There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by luv of grooming View Post
                  thank you for your input. I am both hurt and furious. I employ six groomers and I still groom as well. We are booked solid into August, but I want to kick these two out yesterday! They have both given me notices that they are leaving, both to care for their families, but given recent events, I want them out now. I even caught one taking pictures of my client cards, but she doesn't know yet. I'm trying to put it off until Friday so I don't inconvenience clients, since we have no where to move them to. Hoping to hire bathers and restructure with remaining groomers to keep up with the schedule. For those of you employing bathers, what system works best to keep the flow of work smooth?
                  Oh let them go now to care for their families. Why wait lol??? No doubt if they are lying about taking your clients, then this is a big, fat lie as well. And lock those client cards up NOW. If those clients want to find them.. then the groomers can be creative by advertising on Craigslist or something.

And I'm really sorry.. it's distressing when you think you can trust people and they burn you.
                  Debbie

Comment

Oh... if you don't want to fire them.. then I would tell them you don't have any dogs for them today and will call them when you do. Let them leave.
                    Debbie

Comment

I had to sign a form I would never copy or take client information for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by luv of grooming View Post
                        What are your thoughts, policies, feelings on this issue?
                        That is theft and an ethics violation. INSTANT termination
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your support. You are truly appreciated. Now I have to figure out how to groom all these dogs!

Comment

Working...
                          X