In-home gone commercial. RUGlad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-home gone commercial. RUGlad?

I was just wondering of the groomers who have gone from having solo in-home shops to operating your own commercial grooming salons....are you glad you did it? Or do you wish you could go back to a simpler time? I have an in-home shop, but would like to consider moving to somewhere with a little more elbow room...thus losing my shop. The options are to lease and renovate a space in town, renovate a small house in town or TRY to buy property close enough to town that I could still have the shop at my residence (but I don't know how possible the last option is). I was just wondering if having employees, dealing with the taxes, the required extra income to operate, hours, and the obvious loss of flexibility is worth it. Those of you who have done it....are you glad? THANK YOU in advance for your thoughts.

I'm a squirrel. Never sure, if I should go or not.

I started out in my in home shop. Did alright. Another grooming shop was closing & I made the move. 7 months later, I came back home.

Even now, should I stay or should I go? Is this the right thing?

I think only you can decide.

Erica

Comment

Originally posted by furtastic View Post
      I was just wondering of the groomers who have gone from having solo in-home shops to operating your own commercial grooming salons....are you glad you did it? Or do you wish you could go back to a simpler time? I have an in-home shop, but would like to consider moving to somewhere with a little more elbow room...thus losing my shop. The options are to lease and renovate a space in town, renovate a small house in town or TRY to buy property close enough to town that I could still have the shop at my residence (but I don't know how possible the last option is). I was just wondering if having employees, dealing with the taxes, the required extra income to operate, hours, and the obvious loss of flexibility is worth it. Those of you who have done it....are you glad? THANK YOU in advance for your thoughts.
      Fur, what is making you question your location? Is it only the space issue? If so, can you renovate in your home rather than reno a rental space?
      What about overhead? How much more will it be? Will you have to get employees? I'd really run the numbers on this and see if you will come out ahead or not. You may end up having to groom more dogs and make less money. A little extra room may not be worth it. Don't forget you will lose some of your 'at home' flexibility too.

Of course, I would LOVE to have a home shop, so I am a bit biased.

Comment

Working...
      X