Keeping everyone happy......impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping everyone happy......impossible

I know it will never happen but when I lose a customer because they refuse to schedule another appointment and I have to put them off 2 weeks or they cancel and then when they can't get in immediately they act like I am to blame it bothers me! Both have been customers for years too. Also, last week a long time customer called to make an appointment but claimed the last time the dog was here the dog's hair didn't grow in for 6 months......it is a chow/mix and they have been having it done in a #10. I have noticed the hair getting harder and harder to cut with a nice finish. The dog is old. The coat is fuzzy and blades no longer go thru easily. I explained changes can take place as they age. I know this dog isn't going to look good with a longer cut so not looking forward to it. Just needed to vent a little.

The need for immediate gratification is tough to tolerate at times. It's truly difficult to get some clients to understand that they need to plan ahead to make appointments. I had one today try to blackmail me I. To accepting their 2 shihs when I couldn't / wouldn't " squeeze them in" on my already crowded day. They used the " well I'll have to take them to Pet** for a bath". I just smiled and I shed them good day and thank d them for being so understanding. They booked to next week.

Comment

We are not bacon......we can't make every one happy. ;p
      Don't let it bother you, as Honey said....they will try to blackmail you, let them TRY to get in somewhere else,.I always wish them luck with a smile in my voice and will even give them several different places to call along with the phone numbers.
      As for the old Chow mix......a double coated breed that has been shaved with a 10 blade all its life WILL NOT grow back in quickly or correctly. That is why educating the client about shaving a double coated breed from the start is sooooo important ....of course not that many owners will pay attention to you or even remember that they were told that.
      Last edited by Cyn; 10-09-17, 09:02 PM. Reason: Added more to my reply
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Thank you for the listening ear!

Comment

Hang in the Countrygirl, your so not alone. I just had a customer in that will also go to Petsomething even though w/ their add-on’s, they charge more than I do. I try to get customers to re-book right away so their guaranteed an appt but they come up with every excuse not to re-book, then complain when they can’t get in the day they call. Even them knowing it’s just me in my shop, they somehow think I’m just sitting around waiting for their call.... Grrrrrr......!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was without power for a week due to Irma so have been working hard to catch up. This week I have been telling everyone who doesn't want to rebook that I need at least a 2 week notice as we head into the holiday season, and there is no guarantee I can get them in. Hope they heed the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by cmf07 View Post
              Hang in the Countrygirl, your so not alone. I just had a customer in that will also go to Petsomething even though w/ their add-on’s, they charge more than I do. I try to get customers to re-book right away so their guaranteed an appt but they come up with every excuse not to re-book, then complain when they can’t get in the day they call. Even them knowing it’s just me in my shop, they somehow think I’m just sitting around waiting for their call.... Grrrrrr......!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              ^^^^^EXACTLY THIS^^^^^^
              Being HB, this is the attitude of some clients.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I got a lab 10 all over once a month. Undercoat basically gone, therefore top coat not easily shaved off as no support holding it in place. I explain this to customers who will be coming regularly because of shedding they don't care for. They get it. I just go backwards with the appropriate blade length and do the best I can for a smooth appearance. Most understand after it's explained. I reexplain every time until they get it.

Comment

Thanks Kurt for the advice..........and yes Cyn being HB can lead to the idea that "well your home, what's the big deal?" I constantly refer to my days and hours of operation to keep that in their minds but I also know when people want something done they want it yesterday This is why I don't use my personal cell for business....I want to walk out of my shop and not be available or think about work for the weekend. It's the only way I can decompress!

Comment

Working...
                  X