Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reminder about the time for dog's next grooming appointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder about the time for dog's next grooming appointment?

I am relatively new in running my own business, and have been thinking about whether or not to send a text message to clients when the time for their dogs' next appointment comes. For example 4-6 weeks after the last session, do you send a text to the client to remind them it is time for their next appointment...? If so, what is your experience with this, does it have any effect, or are people just keep coming back (or not), based on their own free will and decision...? Thanks...

my customers love it and so do I.....those who don't txt, I call.........saves from having a lot of no shows

Comment

I understand about the booked clients it is smart to do, but do you remind them to schedule a new appointment when the time comes?

Comment

Originally posted by mb011 View Post
        I understand about the booked clients it is smart to do, but do you remind them to schedule a new appointment when the time comes?
        Prebooking is better, but honestly it works to call them the week before they're due too.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

Comment

What is pre-booking?

Comment

I book my client's next appt before they leave the shop. Nearly all my clients book like this. For my clients who don't want to book, I tell them give me a two week notice. I never let people think they can get right in anytime. If it is too easy people take advantage and you end up majorly stressed out.......found this out the hard way.

Comment

Thanks for a tip. My business is still in the beginnings so I am wondering whether or not to remind the clients when the time for new appointment is due...

Comment

In answer to your question, it can't hurt to call or text and let them know that it's been so many days weeks months since the last groom and they might want to book fluffy while you have an opening on such and such a day or on such and such a week. As I've said before, you have to create the illusion of not being available To create a sense of urgency and that sense of being in demand. Throw in words like valued client lovely pet whatever you want to say. Text messages or leaving voicemail is probably better than a direct contact because then you can schmooze to your hearts content.

Comment

Text messages are also good time to throw in things about specials. Remember that February is doggy dental month. You could always remind a client that it's a good time to have their dogs teeth brushed as part of the groom and get them started on that kind of a cycle.

Comment

I understand what you are asking now....sorry. I agree with Honey...while you are getting established, giving a reminder call would be good way to keep your business in their mind and prompt them to come in. While your business is growing, train your customers to rebook. Rebooking before they leave the shop has been one of the most important things I have done in my business.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
                      In answer to your question, it can't hurt to call or text and let them know that it's been so many days weeks months since the last groom and they might want to book fluffy while you have an opening on such and such a day or on such and such a week. As I've said before, you have to create the illusion of not being available To create a sense of urgency and that sense of being in demand. Throw in words like valued client lovely pet whatever you want to say. Text messages or leaving voicemail is probably better than a direct contact because then you can schmooze to your hearts content.
                      I would say talking to a client about a 6 week schedule, then tell them you'll pencil them in for this day and time in 6 wks but you'll call the week before to confirm and can reschedule. You REALLY want them to get the idea that they need to book ahead of time.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Barkleigh has some cute postcards reminding owners that their pet needs a groom. You could mail them out at about 4 wks with a note saying that you're booking up quickly and they should call to make an appt soon. Most all my clients pre-book, and they know that's the only way they're going to get an appt when they need/want it.
                        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

My clients don't walk out the door without their sticker appointment card. I started this 12 years ago. Works like a charm. Dogs aren't ever of their schedule and so can keep fluffy trims.

Comment

Thinking back, I used to notice fluffy hadn't booked abs was due and I'd save them a spot, well when I got busier they had to book in advance to save their preferred spots. Now I'm booked year out.

Comment

I use a service called https://www.greminders.com

Hooks into my google calendar and saves me from no shows. Automatically sends reminders 24 hours and 2 hours in advance of my grooming service. I also send reminders 2-4 weeks after my service for follow up so we can get repeat business. After all pet grooming is all about the repeat business!

Comment

Working...
                              X