Am I just too laid back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I just too laid back?

Well I think we all have them, the clients that are just so ridiculous with the requests. There are a few things I really question....

Is it really so incorrect to cut the eyelashes?
    does the sanitary trim have angels or is just to keep that area clean?
    Is it the groomers fault when they discover an injury? the blame game seems to be a popular one....including you "gave" and ear infection.

What are the best ways to deal with totally bizarre clients that demand perfection for the cheapest price possible.
    Last edited by poodlegroominggirl; 04-30-10, 07:28 AM.

send them to the groomer down the street!!!!
    decide what you are willing to put up with. if the customer is too picky or just plain crazy, its okay to say " I might not be the best groomer for you". It took me about 15 years to finally start to grow a backbone. but I realized, I am worth it. so now I'm picky too.

Comment

Poodlegroominggirl, raise your right hand & repeat after me:[clears throat] "KANK! STRAIGHT to the curb!" [crowd roars]
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by poodlegroominggirl View Post
        Well I think we all have them, the clients that are just so ridiculous with the requests. There are a few things I really question....

Is it really so incorrect to cut the eyelashes?
        does the sanitary trim have angels or is just to keep that area clean?
        Is it the groomers fault when they discover an injury? the blame game seems to be a popular one....including you "gave" and ear infection.

What are the best ways to deal with totally bizarre clients that demand perfection for the cheapest price possible.

It is only incorrect to cut the eyelashes when the owner doesn't want them cut. When in doubt, leave them. They can always be trimmed later, but it is really tough to put them back on.

Sanitary trims are designed for just that purpose...to keep things cleaner for the client when the pet eliminates. We tend to expand the area in pet grooms than is actually necessary. You just don't see as much removed in show dogs (and many show dogs are kept entirely natural with no sanitary trim.) How much is removed is really between client and groomer.

It is not the groomers fault unless the groomer actually caused the injury. Most pet owners don't really observe their pet and the grooming process can reveal a lot of stuff. I am going to venture to say that most ear infections are not groomer caused, but clients can't blame themselves. Face it, ear infections happen, and clients get embarassed when they don't notice. I find it helpful to check things like ears when the client drops off the pet so they can see the issue before the groom. Depending on severity, some dogs need to see the vet before they are groomed. I document stuff like that before the owner leaves.

Ultimately, it is all about building a strong relationship with your clients so that it doesn't even cross their mind that you are at fault. A lot of that is how the situation is handled.

Comment

As far as causing issues -

One way to be accused of causing an issue is not to tell the client an issue is there. So check the ears, eyes, etc upon check in - if you see a possible issue say so. If you miss something and see it later say so upon checkout. If you don't say anything, and the owner notices it 3 days later it can easily become "the groomers fault." For example, you see fleas on the dog, but are busy and forgot to mention it. A week later that client says fluffy "got" fleas at the groomer - not good.

Comment

Working...
          X