Picky = PITA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picky = PITA

Lately, I've been getting a lot of new clients that come in or call wanting a new groomer because of the silliest things.
    I did a westie Saturday that switched groomers because the last groomer had cut his skirt straight across. She usually left it natural but this time it was straight. OMG Big deal!
    Why so picky. Yes, I believe they should get what they want but sheesh, one little mistake and they're off! I asked her if she had spoken to the groomer about it. "No".
    I got a new client out of it yes but really do I want a client that over reacts like that. Not normally! People like that make me nervous! Am I alone in thinking this way? lol

I'm extremely picky myself. I wouldn't have liked the straight across thing either. But that is easily fixed and she should have had the groomer correct it. It's not fair for the groomer, 'cause some people would have really liked it. How the heck are they to know?!

I tell my clients to tell me when they want something changed. They actually do.
    That Tenacious Terrier!
    www.thattenaciousterrier.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

Exactly!
      I have a sign posted that reads:
      Happy customers, tell everyone!
      Unhappy customers, tell me..I'll do my best to fix it!

Comment

I always ask if they would like anything different, but I know even when asked sometimes they don't. I've done it with my own hair, I am always afraid to ask my hairdresser to fix something cuz I don't want to seem picky!

Comment

Grain of salt is what I take it with.

If someone tells you they are switching groomers it is usually because they have a guilty conscience. You can bet dollars to donuts it is they who are the difficult one. Most new clients keep their reasons for changing to themselves. If it is something that I can make a difference then by all means tell me what to do, but otherwise I prefer for them to just join my happy list of clients and please don't bash other groomers or shops. And fortunately very very few do!

Comment

Originally posted by 4pawssake View Post
            Exactly!
            That is an excellent mentality, and an excellent sign!

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by terrimeyers View Post
              I've done it with my own hair, I am always afraid to ask my hairdresser to fix something cuz I don't want to seem picky!
              I'm afraid they'll sabotage my haircut! LOL
              That Tenacious Terrier!
              www.thattenaciousterrier.com
              https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

I too am a little weary of new customers when they bash other groomers. Ive had client tell me the other groomer cut their dog, then they walk in with a 2# standard hamster on thier shoulder doing the " oooohh mamas babee issss gonnna beeee sooooooooooo cutsie wootsie" and you just know how the accidental nick happened.

Comment

Exactly!
                  Ohhhh, what a great idea with that sign. I love it!
                  Mind if I steal it?

Comment

I think that most of teh problems pet owners have with groomers is a lack of clear communiacation and misunderstanding.
                    After I ask my new clients about their preference of a trim I tell them that I will do the best possible to meet their expectations, but If there is something they don't like please let em know I will change it. At pick up time I ask them how the dog looks and again tell them to let me know if they don't like something when they get home. I take time to listen to what clients try to convey to me even if they don't have a clear Idea of what they want (not too short, not too long). Most of my clients are happy with grooms.

Comment

Originally posted by petpalswi View Post
                      they walk in with a 2# standard hamster on thier shoulder doing the " oooohh mamas babee issss gonnna beeee sooooooooooo cutsie wootsie"

LOL THAT was hysterical!

Comment

Exactly!
                        I love that, May have to steal it

During these rough economic times we have to keep every customer happy. Customer service is my top priority. That means being friendly and interested in what the customer wants.

I am in a shop w/ more than one groomer. I had a few people switch to me from another lady in the shop because they didn't feel like they could tell her what they wanted! I felt so bad and uncomfortable w/ the switch, but the people were adimate about their choice.

So be super friendly, clean and listen to your customer. Sometimes I am so oppossed the peoples ideas, then I do what they as for put a little of my spin on it and we are all happy.

I hope I don't get caught sneakin the ears short, I hate crazy long ears

Comment

Originally posted by petpalswi View Post
                          I too am a little weary of new customers when they bash other groomers. Ive had client tell me the other groomer cut their dog, then they walk in with a 2# standard hamster on thier shoulder doing the " oooohh mamas babee issss gonnna beeee sooooooooooo cutsie wootsie" and you just know how the accidental nick happened.
                          LOL!!! I had one of those dejavu visuals while reading that.

And then there are the ones who complain because the last groomer didn't get his eyes trimmed up the way she requested - and the entire time they are complaining about it, the dog is squirming 95mph in the owners arms.

Comment

Yes, go ahead and "steal" that sign. Clients like it too. They usually have a chuckle when they read it.
                            Another one I posted that I borrowed from a groomer friend reads: "I can't groom them all-Just the lucky ones". I loved that and clients like it too!

Comment

Working...
                            X