Long groipe. Crazy client.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long groipe. Crazy client.

I have one client who has been my client for years. Generally she is great. Pays on time, doesn't cancel, has one nice cat and one grouchy cat. The thing is that she is a nut. For years, she told me she had a degenerative disease that would put her in a wheelchair eventually. I deeply sympathized, until she let slip that her doctor had refused to see her anymore because he didn't agree with her self-diagnosis. Needless to say, she is healthy as an ox, 8 years later.
    She told me she'd been persecuted by the IRS over one missing document. Well, what really happened is she clumsily hid several hundred thousand dollars, so they penalized her. It was in the news.
    I let her tell me how to groom her cat, because I don't think she is capable of following the reasoning for doing it another way. She wants her cat to be wiped down with warm cloths, not bathed. It is not efficient or very effective, but I do it.
    Just griping though, because dealing with crazy liars is super tiring. They really are different in how they view the world. Hard to explain. So much manipulation.
    Do you have any nutty clients?

I actually have a friend who is a pathological liar. Been that way her whole life. She is very good at telling stories that can't be verified. Even with the internet. It's very tiring for sure. I just keep my distance for the most part.

Comment

Oh yes! Over the years I’ve had some crazies.
      Currently, I’m down to one. She has been with me for about 30 years. I’ll have to retire to see the end of her!

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
        Oh yes! Over the years I’ve had some crazies.
        Currently, I’m down to one. She has been with me for about 30 years. I’ll have to retire to see the end of her!
        Ha! Crazies seem to live long lives🤣

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
          I actually have a friend who is a pathological liar. Been that way her whole life. She is very good at telling stories that can't be verified. Even with the internet. It's very tiring for sure. I just keep my distance for the most part.
          Yep, distance is the way. Every so often I just can't deal with the flim flam that comes out of her mouth.

Comment

I have a few nutty clients but no stories as bold as these.

Comment

I had a friend who often seemed looney, just really out there. She was eventually diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. I came to recognize the personality who called me the most, which was the mischievous fun loving young girl, and I would ask to speak to the woman by name, and by darned it would work.

Comment

Not that nutty for sure. But then maybe its one of my quiet customers that say almost nothing and are holding it in. I let the quiet ones be quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                  I have one client who has been my client for years. Generally she is great. Pays on time, doesn't cancel, has one nice cat and one grouchy cat. The thing is that she is a nut. For years, she told me she had a degenerative disease that would put her in a wheelchair eventually. I deeply sympathized, until she let slip that her doctor had refused to see her anymore because he didn't agree with her self-diagnosis. Needless to say, she is healthy as an ox, 8 years later.
                  She told me she'd been persecuted by the IRS over one missing document. Well, what really happened is she clumsily hid several hundred thousand dollars, so they penalized her. It was in the news.
                  I let her tell me how to groom her cat, because I don't think she is capable of following the reasoning for doing it another way. She wants her cat to be wiped down with warm cloths, not bathed. It is not efficient or very effective, but I do it.
                  Just griping though, because dealing with crazy liars is super tiring. They really are different in how they view the world. Hard to explain. So much manipulation.
                  Do you have any nutty clients?
                  Wiped down huh? Never heard of that as part of a pro groomer job. But I could adapt to that one too.

Comment

Working...
                  X