I'm new.....help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new.....help

Hello everyone, I'm new to dog grooming. I'm from the UK and just qualified as a dog groomer. I want to become mobile travel to people's houses and cut dogs in there houses. Any ideas on advertising? Plus any ideas on places to buy equipment from? What equipment would you say I need the most? Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks
    Danny

Originally posted by Dannyuk View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to dog grooming. I'm from the UK and just qualified as a dog groomer. I want to become mobile travel to people's houses and cut dogs in there houses. Any ideas on advertising? Plus any ideas on places to buy equipment from? What equipment would you say I need the most? Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks
    Danny
    Hi I'm a groomer in the UK I know this is a little late but hope it helps. What course did you do? If you dont mind my asking ? Are you planning on bathing the pets using clients bath and water and electric facillities? Be sure to have that on your advetisment as some will not be happy with that as thry may confuse you with mobile in a van .a wen page flyers and a newscpaper add would ne a good place to start with advertising along with just talking to people.I don't worry too much about advertising as on in a vets. As regards to epuiptment and which are the mist important I'm surprised the course hasn't gone over that with you. there are a couple of good sites that I use for all my grooming supplies one being groomers online and the other is Christie's direct both do a great start up kit for students mobile and salons and they contain the basics you would need until they can be replaced with better quality things ( don't get me wrong ... I got a student kit for my salon as it already had table bath driers and kennels and I love it ! )
    However depending on the course you have taken , I know you've not asked for this b?l but I'm giving it anyway you may be better off working in a salon to refine your skills and to learn different techniques and styles and handling skills. By doing so you will gain valuable experience and will help you to learn when to stop a groom for your safety and the pets, especially if aggressive, when to say no to clients lean when Knott's ate too far gone to brush out and to learn how to communicate and deal with clients both easy and lovely and those who are down right horrible and rude.rember....just because you've done a course it does not mean you know all there is about grooming.I'm still learning after 9 years .you will always be learning and be open to change
    I hope this helps and that I i hope im not being patronising or opinionated I just want to help.
    Any more questions feels free to ask
    Marshmellow

Comment

Working...
    X