No announcement yet.

can I see someone's photo release form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I see someone's photo release form?

I want to add it to my basic release form, but I don't know what to say.
    Thanks!

This may be a dumb question, but why do you need a photo release form? I take photo's of the dogs that I groom and I don't have one, am I suppose to?
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

I'm curious too. I didn't think, legally, you needed a release form for a pet photo.

Comment

You need a form?? Maybe thats why clinic doesnt let me take pics of my work

Comment

So when I originally asked questions about photos a couple of months ago, everyone that posted said you had to have release forms for them. Now when I'm asking what they look like, the only people responding are those who don't do it or know anything about it.

Come on peeps. I need some help here. Do you or do you NOT need people to sign papers saying it's ok for us to use photos of their pets on websites??
          Thanks

Comment

Rev, My sister made this one up for me.

My sister is in internatrional adoptions and needs pics of the children so she made this for me without the typos mine may have to you.

By signing below I,---------------------------,indicate my irrevocable consent to the use and/or publication by your name and bus name of any photograph(s) and all photographic negatives, prints, stills electronic media or reproductrions provided by me or my family members or taken by (your name)of my dogs

I understand that the photographs of -------------may be used in public relations and marketing materials includimng, but not limited to, brochures, internet website, local or regional magazine advertisements and/or articles.

I agree that any photographs, negatives, or prints, stills electronic media or reproductions will become the property of (your name) and will not be returned.

Signature---------------date
            Relationship to above named person-----------------
            Address--------------------------------------------------------

Your name and business name.

Comment

Originally posted by RevWind View Post
              So when I originally asked questions about photos a couple of months ago, everyone that posted said you had to have release forms for them. Now when I'm asking what they look like, the only people responding are those who don't do it or know anything about it.

Come on peeps. I need some help here. Do you or do you NOT need people to sign papers saying it's ok for us to use photos of their pets on websites??
              Thanks
              I don't have a website so I wasn't thinking along those lines. I just take photos and give them to the clients or put in an album. If I ever have a website it is good to know I need a release form.
              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
              Diane

Comment

Thanks mustluv. That's what I was looking for. I just had noooo idea what to say and how official-y I needed to say it.

Comment

This is funny/ironic

I remember the posts saying you should have a release form. I wondered about that. I truthfully would feel a bit odd asking for a release form for a picture of the dog on a web site, but I remember it being said that one MUST have one. It makes sense, but still seems uncomfortable. All the people on here that have web sites with before and after or just pictures of good grooms must have figured out what to do, yes or no, on that issue?
                  Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrooh View Post
                    I remember the posts saying you should have a release form. I wondered about that. I truthfully would feel a bit odd asking for a release form for a picture of the dog on a web site, but I remember it being said that one MUST have one. It makes sense, but still seems uncomfortable. All the people on here that have web sites with before and after or just pictures of good grooms must have figured out what to do, yes or no, on that issue?
                    I'm on the fence about it too, but I guess it's to cover your own butt for whatever reason. And I'm all for covering my butt. I don't like it exposed.

Comment

My father recently retired from photography and says he doesn't believe you need one for pets. you need permission to use pictures of people and you need permission to use pictures taken by someone else, but pictures of property are ok If they asked you to take it down, it'd be curteousy to do so, i'd think.

Comment

Working...
                      X