Funding for a salon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funding for a salon?

A friend of mine is opening a high-class salon and looking into funding from a well-known company - talking in excess of $100K. Without giving any exact amount or names of banks or lending agencies...im curious how many salon owners on here actually took out loans in excess of $30K or so to start their salons? I see seminars and ads for loan companies but most are not for start-up or mobile.

Just curious, as I dipped into my savings, some others took early retirement and used that...various sources. Is anyone else looking into funding a very large amount for a new salon and putting home equity or 401K's as collateral?

Thanks

My first shop I took a 10k loan. Built the second shop which we used cash and my third shop that we built cost 90k, part cash part equity loan on my house.

Comment

Wow! My little shop was built on a $1000 loan from a family member (who then turned around and gave it to me!), $1000 from my savings, and $2000 on my hubby's Visa (which I am now able to start paying off cause we are now makind a profit).
      It is small, simple but clean and bright (if that makes sense). I bought everything second hand and I am now replacing it with the best, other stuff we built ourselves.
      But then again I am not in an area that a huge investment would be wise. My surrounding population is only 6000 in the town and 25,000 in the county.

Comment

Working...
      X