??'s for business owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??'s for business owners...

We are finishing our basement in our home, which is only 2 years old. We will include a small, but stylish salon. I will have a custom built tub, washer/dryer, my grooming table, etc...tile floors, big window, it'll look cute. So here are my questions. Actually, they're my husband's. I'm a learn-as-you-go person. I can read a book but it doesn't stick in my head as much as doing it myself.

SO...

Sole Proprieter or LLC?

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Tammy,

That would be a question that should be posed with a CPA or lawyer. Chances are you are better off starting as a sole proprietor and, depending on how much income you are bringing in, you might want to change to a some other form of ownership. Just remember if you set up a separate form of ownership, there are papers to be drawn up (and annual fees imposed by your state) and two separate tax returns each year. Just make sure you have really good liability insurance for your business.

Good luck!

Michelle

Comment

Actually, I got a good response from Stephen, so we are looking into this. My husband is an excellent business person, but he wanted to hear what others are doing. I, on the other hand, am learning, lol. I am excellent at customer service, but have found it a bit exhausting!

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

LLC, since you have that lovely house to protect.

Comment

Working...
        X