Sad Best Dog Grooming Clippers

Hi, I'm new to this whole forum...I was wondering if someone could please help me find a good dog clipper to shave my 27 pound Terrier Mix....he is a lil guy, short and plump to the floor---he is half Basset Hound. I'm looking for a good clipper to shave his coat as it's matted and grows so fast!

He does not like to be trimmed at all. I presently have a clipper that does me no good...it's an Osler but with a small blade...I paid $50 for it, but it doesn't work for nothing...

What is a good, powerful blade that will be able to shave my dog? I am also worried that something too powerful might burn or sting him...is that true???

Please help...i'm so clueless!

Thanks!

Either andis 2 speed or oster turbo 2 speed. I love them both. I find oster a little more durable though.

You sound like you're not a groomer and want to groom your dog on your own. Am I right?
    How much money are you willing to spend for a good clipper? Not something you can pick up at one of the pet store.
    I use an Andis 2 speed professional clipper. It is going to run you over $150. plus you will need to get a couple of blades, I would recommend a 7F for the body and a 10F for the santitary. The blades will run from $15-$20, I think.
    You can go to the website of either Ryan's or Petedge and buy them off there. I guess you could get them off ebay, but I don't know anything about ebay, never have used it.
    Hope this helps a little.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Smile

You can get Andis clippers very cheap on Ebay.

Go to ebay.com and type (Andis clippers) in the search box. You will get items of Andis listed to include blades.

The most popular one on Ebay is the Andis 2 speed in the black case. Thses bid out around $80 which is good. These will work for you very well for years. Most come with a #10 blade, but you can go to a beauty supply store and get blades to fit it. Just tell the cleark you want a certain size blade for animal grooming and they will get you that size in a human hair blade. Its the same blade with a different numbering system is all (A 7F is a 1 in beauty salons)

Thats the cheapest way to get a good clipper tio use at home. Stay away from those vibrating clippers you get at wallmart, dog hair will snag them up if they are not set up correctly for dogs. (sharpened blade and more tension on the cutter spring for hitting mats)

Thanks

Jeff

Cute dry or wet to coat?!!?!?

Hi! thanks so much for your replies...I will search for this clipper on ebay and see what I get...

One more thing---what is the best way to cut a dog's hair?!?! Wet or Dry? I had read that wet is best, just wanted to make sure everyone agrees...

Thanks again for all your help and have a great weekend!

If the dog is totally solid in mats then some would agree that doing it wet is the only option. This is only usually done because a totally matted dog is usually dirty and cutting a dog with dirty hair damages the blade. If the dog is not matted then brush him/her out, bath and fully dry then run the clipper over the dog. Do not go against the hair grain (so on the back u want to start at the neck and work your way towards the tail).
    I hope that helps!

There are so many dog clippers check out this site to find discounted dog clippers http://ozsavers.com.au/17-dog-clippers

This whole thing sounds like a terrible idea. Just schedule an appointment with a groomer and tell them honestly that he isn't good for grooming, is matted, and that you will pay whatever is necessary. It'll probably be pretty expensive and you should tip the groomer that accepts the risk of a matted basset mix without previous grooming experience or "table manners".

If the reason you are trying to do this yourself is because your dog has been kicked out of shops for previous behavior issues, call a vet. I've seen some very VERY nasty bassets and basset mixes that have not been socialized or accustomed to handling and are out for BLOOD once left with a stranger. In this case, save yourself the frustration and potential risk of being injured yourself or injuring your dog and call a vet groomer.

I would still have him evaluated by a professional groomer that specializes in hard cases before calling the vet, just because a vet groom will be quite pricey.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Wink better hair clipper

You never know ,i find a website that can compare the function of hair clipper .It makes me know more about how to choose a better hair clipper .Its really useful.I guess you also will find some useful things from this .Hope my answer will help you .
    https://www.guide10.cc/best-dog-hair-clippers/

Tech Cat

I'm using wireless Wahl Ion Pro, awesome product. Found it in this best dog hair clippers guide. Andis is too expensive

p.s: using it for my persian ))

Interesting. Wahl KM 10 is my favorite outside of when I use Bravura.