Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Brit View Post
    That is sweet. But how does one forget to pickup their dog? Unless something was really wrong? That is so thoughtful I love people that care. We all make mistakes but take the time for flowers. sweet peopl.e

Post 77 moderator
    The way my life has been going lately I could forget to pick up one of my kids. My husband did yesterday in fact.Life is just running us down like a runaway train lately. Fortunately, my kid decided to come here with her friend instead of going to the friends house. Just nobody bothered to tell hubby, which is good since he forgot to pick her up anyway.

Yesterday I had to put my sweet old man to sleep. He lost his leg about seven years ago and although he was still so sharp, and had so much will to live, his poor little body failed him. The arthritis in his front legs from bearing all the weight was just to much. Couple that with the fact his one rear leg had a major orthopedic surgery at the same time he lost his other leg, he just couldn't motor anymore. He was also in kidney failure which meant many trips outside to potty, and he just couldn't make it anymore. He didn't have accidents, bless his heart, but we are fortunate that we have enough people with varied schedules who were able to carry him in and out at the end. We made a quality of life decision, he was not living the life he loved, which was scouting the perimeter all day every day and fence fighting with neighbor dogs.

On top of that, our house has sold, the buyers want a 30 day escrow and we have no place to go. We were very specific on where we want to live and housing is flying off the market there. Listed one day, many going over asking price. We happened to luck in to one we mostly liked and thank goodness our offer was accepted, but now we have 30 days to move.

That brings me with what to do with my van. Do I try to sell it here with my business? I'm leaving my clients in an absolute pickle. I feel SO guilty, some of these dogs have never known anything but me and being groomed mobile. The odds of finding a qualified buyer in 30 days and bringing them up to speed are very low. And do I want to mobile groom where I'm going? If so do I want this van? Have hubby build me another? So many questions, so little time to answer them. Oh and I forgot my dog at the grooming shop lol

Post 85 moderator
    Last edited by GroomerTALK Coordinator; 09-18-19 at 08:21 AM.

Wow talk about sudden life change. Sorry about your loss.
    Are you moving back to Washington?
    I think you and your husband have enough to do with a new house so building a new unit seems better in Spring so I would keep it for now, if you are staying mobile. And you have to get your kids in school right?
    Yes I agree your customers are going to be shell shocked.

Post 86 moderator

Cockerlvr Well the old rock and hard place but at least you are moving where you want to. Take a lot of deep breaths, keep the family calm.

Today I helped deliver 9 golden pups. I feel so maternity in a canine way. Hard to describe. Mom was awesome. We thought it would be tomorrow, surprise. I am keeping one of them. Not long ago I lost my Lisa and have waited for the right moment. I guess this was it.

Post 87 moderator

So very sorry for your loss cockerlvr. It's so hard to know when the right time is.
    Your life right now sounds like a runaway train, but you will figure things out, and years from now it will make a good life lesson for kids and grandkids. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Although not always to a new state!

Post 88 moderator

WINNING POST: Post 88 is a winning number. Poodlefeet wins 25 extra tickets in the grand prize drawing.
    Last edited by GroomerTALK Coordinator; 09-18-19 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brit View Post
    Cockerlvr Well the old rock and hard place but at least you are moving where you want to. Take a lot of deep breaths, keep the family calm.

Today I helped deliver 9 golden pups. I feel so maternity in a canine way. Hard to describe. Mom was awesome. We thought it would be tomorrow, surprise. I am keeping one of them. Not long ago I lost my Lisa and have waited for the right moment. I guess this was it.
    Aww that is going to be such a special bond between you and that baby. You'll forever going to be able to say I was there when s/he came into the world.

Post 89 moderator
    Last edited by GroomerTALK Coordinator; 09-18-19 at 08:22 AM.

That's beautiful Brit to be there when your new love is born. Did you know which one right away?

Is she purebred?

I am dealing with not so happy things, but family things. Son's son has been sick for a week and grandma to the rescue since son and wife also work long hours. I think he is getting better finally so there is hope. Nothing overly serious, virus.

After an exhilarating and exhausting Groom Expo I was cross at myself for booking one of my more difficult dogs first thing Monday. Tired and that little whippersnapper are not good companions. But I had taken several classes on working with difficult dogs, so pulled out my notes and wrote out a plan for working with him. Biggest change-shut up. No verbal corrections, no verbal praise until the end, and even then kept it low key. It was incredible! Fluffy was so confused by it that he was almost a model groom! Fluffy has loads of behavioral issues at home too, so I explained what I did to Dad and recommended that he adopt it as well. Might just paint Shut Up on the side of the wall separating my grooming area from reception, where I will see it but not my customers lol!

Wow Cockerlvr you do have your hands full. I wish you best, are you going to use movers or are you renting a truck and all that too!?!?

With the reminders around here I verified all the holiday appointments today. Took all day some by text, email or phone. Wow I am brain dead but feels good to know where we are at.

Poodlefeet, that is amazing news. What class would you recommend most on this topic? Who led it? Thanks, would love my employees to learn more about it.

Well, I am pretty sure I lost a customer yesterday. Two dogs, have been grooming them every six weeks for over a year. She shows up 20 minutes early (I work by appointment, one-on-one and don’t allow early drop-offs, and she knows that). My husband tells her I can’t take her right now. She leaves without a word, so my husband says, maybe she is not coming back. Three minutes before her actual appointment time I get a text from her saying she went to WalMart to kill time and drove over the curb and got a flat tire. Now she is waiting for them to come over and change her tire. I say, OK, I can still take you in as late as 1hr past your original appointment time (they are my last dogs, but I have something else to do in the evening and couldn’t wait for her indefinitely). Later she texts me saying she actually has two shredded tires and doesn’t think she can make it and will pay for my time. I say I understand and give her couple choices for next appointment. We start cleaning and just before we were ready to leave she comes in, throws money at my husband “for your troubles” and leaves (I need to mention, she missed previous appointment, too, so the money she gave almost covers both missed appointments). I texted her later, saying I appreciated the payment and let me know if you still want me to groom them but didn’t hear back.
    I feel bad that she shredded her tires, but on the other hand, she should have come on time, and that wouldn’t have happened.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8