Default Moisture and Odor

Hi I'm the landlord of a groomer. She has a great business and they are good tenants. My other tenants don't have any complaints with the business. My question is they are complaining about humidity and odor from after the shop is closed for a while and the come in the next day or after the weekend. This space has central air and can control the humidity with no problem but they leave the door open to help air the shop out and that in my opinion defeats the purpose of the air conditioner. Do most groomers have exhaust fans to get rid of moisture in your bathing rooms. Do you have any suggestions on what we can do together to them to help?

Thanks Paul

Leaving the door open DOES defeat the ourpose. Who on earth does that??? I'd be worried about breakins (or walkins). But, yes. Exhaust fans help. I don't have one, and my shop doesn't smell. It sounds to me like something is not clean. Do a deep clean. Under. Over. On. Everything. Look for hair built up. DO not turn the AC OFF when closed. Also, us a UV light. Talk to the HVAC guy you use. Those kill viruses, bacteria and reduce smell. No need to leave the door open. Then, they can run an ozone/uv light for a few minutes every night. I'll get you a link to my blog post. Smell is not normal unless they are not cleaning well.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

https://groomwise.typepad.com/.a/6a0...4631dfe200c-pi

And https://petairapy.com

Also. If they are worried about dampness then add a dehumidifier to the ac unit. Again, the hvac guy can help.

But nothing is going to work until the door is shut. I would be a nervous wreck with a door open and dogs inside. It is an escape ready to happen.

Btw kudos for being an involved landlord. This isn't your problem and you are searching for an answer. My landlord won't currently come repair a piece of missinf roof fascia...
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I am a grooming business owner and I also own the strip center we are in. We do use PetAirapy.com. Of course that door needs to be closed. But I would make sure at the same time of starting to use it to clean out the HVAC. Get it inspected. I would check to make sure smells are not coming from tub/pipes. You know the smells when you walk past old bars saloons? Sometimes in an extra humid time we have used portable dehumidifiers. Are they doing towel laundry there? They have commercial formulas for soaps from hospital supply companies that truly sterilized. Are there cages steel or laminate? Should be sterilized daily. If old wood ones, check for mold. AC filters?

Petairapy can kill all the molds, viruses etc and even on surfaces.

Good post Particentral. We have a portable Petairapy when we heard talk about it here 2 years ago.

Since I don't really want to eat up my time with a salesperson trying to sell me something, how much do these cost roughly? Why can't companies just put their pricing on their website? So annoying.

I don't remember the actual price but there is a smaller portable unit that could be used in mobile as I remember. But the Oasis might be good for you. http://dog-groomer-air-purifier.com/ They have one for mobile vans for $199.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    Since I don't really want to eat up my time with a salesperson trying to sell me something, how much do these cost roughly? Why can't companies just put their pricing on their website? So annoying.
    I can pm you some options from other sources if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Particentral View Post
    I can pm you some options from other sources if you like.
    Can you pm me too? I don't ever have a smelly shop but I love the idea of killing germs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk