Default Doing pre-scheduled only

Burnt out! I am fried like a potato!
    Decided to celebrate Independence Day by formally changing to a pre-booked monthly model for my housecall cat grooming service. New clients apply and are interviewed. So burnt out that I don't even care if my income takes a hit for a while.
    The once-in-a-while or just-once clients are exhausting me. Not their fault. I just am over it. Also, I never know what my income will be if I allow sporadic clients on the schedule.
    I'll even work with clients who need a lower price, as long as they commit. It's as much about predictability as income.
    Wish me luck!
    Happy Independence Day!

Good for you Emma. This will ultimately make life easier for you. You have the clientele and you are in a specialized business. This will work. Good luck to you!!!

You are right everything will be more predictable and you can make plans for what you need to do and worked around them.

Thanks! I am nervous about it, but that's part of being burnt-out. Everything seems harder.

Best wishes, I am home-based and am making some adjustments as well. Due to family responsibilities I am cutting my week to 3 days. My OAY, once-in-awhile (matted messes), and chronic no shows are being sent down the road. It truly is exhausting to try to take care of my regular people and work all these others in. I have wonderful regular clients so cutting the rest loose.

Emma please explain more how you are adjusting your clients to your new policy.

For old clients, as long as their cat isn't matted or shedding boatloads of fur, I won't ask them to change. They're not what's burning me out.
    But theres one client, for example, who wants every 8 weeks. Great, but for his cat, every 2 weeks is needed. That fur gets so matted in 8 weeks. So I'll just tell him the new policy. He can do what he wants.

It must be quite an impact on some owners.

Best thing I ever did years ago. When people want to come to me for grooming I flat out refuse if they will not commit to pre booking 2-8 weeks in advance.
    I don't miss all the ones that left as I see all the younger groomers dealing with all their **** now too.

You will feel like your have had a vacation. When you're feeling less burnt out you can continue to interview people and take more on if needed

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk