Tech House Call Groomers Calling Themselves Mobile Groomers

Is this an issue or not? I have noticed 3 examples in the media in the last month. Here is one:
    https://triblive.com/local/valley-ne...mper-your-pet/

She charges $5 plus mileage. I see in the picture she is grooming in the home, no mention of a mobile vehicle.

Like I said, is this an issue or not with anyone?
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

Not as long as they are not saying they have a van or trailer. But I would choose to be more clear in my advertising. Your business name says mobile grooming many customers wouldn't think the dog or cat is going to be groomed in owner's home. If they got there and then wanted to groom in my house I wouldn't like that. I wouldn't want hairs from clipping in the air, or to clean up, or using my tub. That's me. So as long as they make it clear ahead of time, no issue.

I don't think the general public knows the difference
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I don't think the general public knows the difference
    I agree, but, if they have been using mobile services for some time might be an issue. Hopefully the groomer is checking with new customers if grooming in the house about what they are doing.

For the very short time I ran my own "in house" business I always promoted all the same benefits that you recieved from mobile like cage free, no travel if yoyr dog gets car sick etc. I also never said I was "mobile" though and always put owners supplied tub, towels & shampoo. My prices reflected this as I was about $10-$15 cheaper than the local salons. I did charge a mileage fee though of $5.

I guess it semantics. Technically going to someones house you are "mobile" but if you are going to claim that you should be very spexific on what that means for you particular services.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

I think she would do better to say house call not to confuse people that have used mobile vehicle groomers. But whatever, the world will go on.

Ugh. We have a local groomer who says she is mobile. She's not. She does house call nails and anals, that's it. It drives me crazy. I had to question her a thousand times, and tried and tried to explain the difference to her, but nope. She still says she's a mobile groomer. Then people say can you come groom my st bernard, and she says, oh no, I don't do grooming at your house just nails and anals. If you want grooming you have to come to my house.

So yes, it bothers me.

In our industry we know she is not mobile. Some of the public doesn't but some million of pet owners do. Ugh is right.

You must be kidding another house groomer did the same thing in our paper. Not worried about one iota I am too busy.