Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UV sanitation

Default UV sanitation

My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Yes you are posting again Particentral! I got a portable by Petairapy and love it. I used ozone a long time ago that also had UV. But I didn't feel right leaving it on a lot. Dealt with odors but strange feeling after 30 minutes. I still have that unit and use bursts if we have a REALLY REALLY smelling mess. In 10 minutes the ozone does it and off it goes. No side effects at all and then I can open a window too. It does kill odor fast. I use the UV from tools too. They have an affordable model.

That is what we do to Hellyion. We took it home and just burst it occasionally to get rid of smells, even some heavy cooking smells like fish. You can leave a couple windows open a bit to avoid the ozone buildup. So no need to throwaway. UV is the way to go.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Nice to see you posting again Particentral. I agree about UV, if you want to go the treatment route without using products like sanitizers for the air or products, good idea. Looking into it maybe this year. I worked at a vet office that put UV tubes in the HVAC. Then I found out many hospitals don't do that! But they flood the operating rooms with fresh air, not recirc air. Of course how many hospitals cannot find a way to reduce MRSA. A lot.

I have been looking at the portable ones for mobile, probably getting one pretty soon. Worth it and so easy.

With my disabled daughter and her weaknesses towards some pollens and contaminents I love UV. She is so much better. But I notice it too. In our dark months that go on endlessly at times we are very careful about molds. The UV destroys mold in the air so good for people good for dogs and cats too. Once you have a home unit I noticed sneezing went down a lot and something felt better. All that unseen stuff and my daughter doesn't have nasal drain as much.

Good parti. I spent about $3000 to put in UV in my HVAC of my pet strip center and very glad I did and renters love it.

We are getting the air oasis brand UV. Coming next week.

I would like to know about models for pets.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolC View Post
    I would like to know about models for pets.
    Not sure any are made specifically for pets. They all do the same thing.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

We sell and use a small uv unit for putting tools in. I put everything in there between dogs as an extra step cause I don't have time to wash dry oil stuff. I only wipe my table. If dog is nasty I swap out for fresh stuff and set aside the used till later.

I want to get a uv sterilizer for my water & air too! So smart.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    We sell and use a small uv unit for putting tools in. I put everything in there between dogs as an extra step cause I don't have time to wash dry oil stuff. I only wipe my table. If dog is nasty I swap out for fresh stuff and set aside the used till later.

I want to get a uv sterilizer for my water & air too! So smart.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I do alcohol washes too, but only if dirty now (or end of day). I love that I can do my clippers as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast