Default Help any suggestion greatly appreciated 200-250 lb deshed

Im mobile by the way....Got this monster today of a dog with like a 3 inch shell of tight undercoat and Iíve had smaller versions of this but this is overwhelming just thinking about. So Iím just gunna explain my plan as thereís no way of getting this dog in my rig and wouldnít even fit in the tub. Iím gonna grab a kiddie pool for the wash....so here goes Iím gunna spray/ pour quadruped conditioner all over then just go at it with 2 dryers and matt cutters and brushes for a good minute.. then put dog in kiddie pool and put my recirculating pump in there and wash 3-4 times with quadruped then finish with another blow out session thatís basically my plan itís what I usually do in the van except in the van I often brush in tub with recirculater but this coat is way to thick for that... any tips greatly appreciated

Good enough plan. Inspect his skin carefully for irritation having that much undercoat and sensitivity. What a chore!

I have had to use a pool before with recirc. I find the product works best with even lukewarm water. I filled up a few plastic gallon bottles in their kitchen with hot water and mixed with the cold water from the hose. Worked great but do the mix of waters before putting dog in if you start with hot water.

If you are using extension cords for the dryer I use the heavier duty ones, here it is not the common orange indoor outdoor cord but deep read.

Default Pi

Pics do no justice at all a million time worse lookin in real life

Done!!! 3 hrs hard labor but Plan worked perfectly

How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by TootsiePie View Post
    If you are using extension cords for the dryer I use the heavier duty ones, here it is not the common orange indoor outdoor cord but deep read.
    Yep those I buy at Home Depot. Far better for running machinery at a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyfoxxy View Post
    Done!!! 3 hrs hard labor but Plan worked perfectly
    Shows me how valuable it can be to have a recirc.

I will add one more trick. For the prebath I add to conditioner some secret weapon shampoo additive and hypknotic ( water soluble silicone) both are concentrate so we add to water in container apply to worst areas and recirc though.
    This has saved many many many a shave down coat.
    By doing it pre bath you also aren't gunking up coat. After Shampoo I will still do spray leave in of diluted hypknotic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Interesting, not sure of that product name. The way you describe I sort use Best Shot or Quad too. Very cool hearing about your method Itza.

Quote Originally Posted by violet2 View Post
    Interesting, not sure of that product name. The way you describe I sort use Best Shot or Quad too. Very cool hearing about your method Itza.
    Secret weapon is a brand of a product made in Australia. It's a mix of oils.
    I have been importing it since 2012 and sell it too. They're are Distributor in USA too..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk