Smile Grooming very cold areas

Do dogs get a temp shock coming in from very cold, into a warm bath, and then going back out in the cold to go home? Is that ever a problem?

We dealt with this before. If the owner is not going to put the dog outside for some freakin reason I don't see the problem. I like the owner that wrap their dogs in a blanket inside the shop or the bring it in. Keeps the pet warm on the way to the car which you would think is warm.

I don't see the problem either in most cases. They wouldn't be walking the dog home blocks in the cold right and instead putting them in warm car. I know a lot of people worry about get heated up and going out in cold and then say they got sick. That never bothered me in the least. I get sweaty at disco aerobics in winter and walk in 10 degree weather home about 1/2 mile, never got a cold.

Great post. Thanks for sharing

I don't think it's an issue at all.

We have cold winters, usually not extreme. No big issue like Cockerlvr said. I have some customers that bring in coats during big chills or blankets.

Live in WI and never an issue either. For little dogs, several customers hv bring their pups in doggie jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think about it. We take warm showers every day and then go out in the cold. No different for dogs. It's not like we are bathing them and sending them out wet with the owner. They get dried and acclimate before they go home.

Agree with cockerlvr and others. Not a problem. Might be an exception for elderly or ill pets who can't regulate their body temps. When I had the DIY bathing, it always amazed me the owners who washed their dogs, toweled them off and didn't use the dryers-out they went even in below freezing temps. Groomers don't do that.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!