Default Groomers passing away at younger ages

Not to bring up a sad topic but who would have thought this would be a part of PetGroomer.com? In the last week I had a surge of activity. What happens when family who know nothing about grooming are suddenly overnight left with a grooming business? How about 1, 2 or 3 mobile vehicles. Most of them I must say are not shocked like the family member being killed in an accident, but over time from cancer. There are groomers that work to the end and that's when the family members call? I am glad to help. I have lost family to diseases and suddenly you find out, you know what, you are the executor. Really, joy. Not again you know there is a limit please. OK I said I wouldn't bring up too much of a downer message but I am glad I can help a little the families of groomers who are clueless what to do. More groomers especially biz owners should leave more detailed instructions especially when dealing with progressive diseases where there is time to make plans, write instructions, it's very kind. Sigh.

I see too many ads that say they are selling vans and biz for health reasons. Do you think they are just saying that or is it true?

Locally we have had 2 groomers pass away before 40 from cancer.

I think it can be true. I know a groomer that passed last month of breast cancer in her forties.

We are dealing with chemicals and breathing in stuff. It can happen. BUT Stephen is more the correct in stating that there should be specific plans with detailed instructions in place to help family deal with the aftermath of illnesses and death.
    My sister smacked me upside the head ( metaphorically) and explained that even though we live together she has no idea of my final requests, financial concerns, or even where my will is ( it’s long outdated and is getting put right before the end of the month.).
    my brother is going through cancer treatment and has an entire book ready, cross indexed and with photos. I current,y have scraps of paper tossed in a file with snippets of info. All gets rectified soon. This state will take more then half of all assets if I die without a valid will. God forbid I have a debilitating stroke or such without a clear and current medical power of attorney in place. Those consequences are too gruesome to even think about.
    Folks take care of these things now and then ‘forgeddaboutit’. But do it NOW!

We didn't do it early enough, but when you certainly buy expensive cars and a house or land, right away. What often happens is you do your health directives at the same time and hospitals will often ask for it. We bought software and did our own. Never had a problem.

My husband is a Dentist and even before we were married 31 years ago he & I discussed what I needed to do w/ his practice if he passed away. Now my husband has the same responsibility for my business as well. We don’t hv children so it was extremely important to hv everything spelled out in our wills and having power of attorney documents for or health & financial matters in place. We have dealt w/ very heartbreaking issues the past few years where extended family does not talk to other family members due to what they view as unfairness with estate division. It’s amazing to witness the underlying greed that surfaces when someone dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 123Linda View Post
    We didn't do it early enough, but when you certainly buy expensive cars and a house or land, right away. What often happens is you do your health directives at the same time and hospitals will often ask for it. We bought software and did our own. Never had a problem.
    Hey I remember it was Stephen that said to get the software from NOLO which is also Quicken. That is what we used does it all.