Laugh Hello from Arkansas

I'm in South West Arkansas. Honestly, I came very close early in my life to becoming a groomer. I have a Giant Schnauzer which I groom myself. She loads herself on the groom table & can be found holding the clippers in her mouth If I don't get to it quick enough I'm considering adding a Standard Poodle to our family. I am reading like a maniac to make certain this is a groom I can handle. That's how I found this forum. I'm a semi-retired professional dog trainer. Mostly now I only take the rare case that fascinates me & my own dogs. Beyond dogs but I'm also a quilter, musician, armature photographer, writer, & movie buff. I enjoy talking all things dog & hope to learn a lot more reading this forum.

Welcome dogsaavy. You will like it here. Lots of nice people and great advice.

Of course you can handle grooming a Standard Poodle. The great thing about dog hair is if you make a mistake it grows back and you can try again next month. Give it a whirl. Like I tell my Poodle clients, “Poodles are the Barbie dolls of the dog world. Anything goes. Have fun!”

Hello dogsaavy. You can ask anything here and in a little while get help. So much to search too you found a great place and nice people. I have had Spoos and just remember there are convenient easy to maintain styles, and complicated ones. I kept mine in what many call the lamb trim about 1 inch all over the body and then focus on perfecting the tail, headpiece and beautiful full ears. You can work your way up to maintenance trim called the German tool. So start simple with these before going to a T&C town and country, royal dutch.

Hello!!

Welcome AR and I have cousins there

Hello arkansas