Waah Waxy, yellow substance that will not wash off?

This may have been addressed here already....I apologize if it has. I have a least a 5 dogs (regular 6 wks) who the owners say have allergies. Their skin has a waxy, yellowish substance that will not wash off no matter what I do. Degreasers, don't even cut it. Vinegar No...You can't get a comb or brush thru it easily either. Sometimes it looks like small pieces of sand and other times it is hard to see unless you really look. Like I said, some owner claim allergies, but some of these dogs stink like Fritos and I know that is bacteria related. I just wanted to know if any of you have found a way to get this mess off the dog.One dog in particular appears to be sweating constantly. I can bathe and dry her and if I don't immediately groom her she is wet again with some sort of discharge. The last time she came in my clippers would gum up after 2 swipes so I called the owner and told her I could not give the haircut that dog needed a vet.

Yeast.

This is the sort of situation where Iv San Bernard products are used. I suggest going to their website to look at therapies.

Had a few that a diet change did help.

Thanks ! In some cases it has an odor in other cases no. I have suggested diet changes but you know how that goes. Some owners have tried that route already.

Yeast can be well softened by you still have to lightly scratch it off. If the skin is real inflamed around you lightly rub it around and it comes off.

Agree sounds like yeast and soaking and working it off gently, yep. The skin needs something very soothing. Still find some mud baths work best for the soothe.

Sounds like this is a an extra charge because it will take a bit more time. How do you charge for this? I have done a heavy lather and let it sit a few minutes but not what I think of as a soak.

I approach this different ways. Is the dog under treatment and coming in with vet prescribed product? Almost always the vet recommends 2 or 3 baths in bad cases for the first 2 or 3 weeks, so if they set that up I charge the regular price and look at the volume. I assign it to one of my solid bathers. If it is a very good regular customer out of the blue dealing with something like this and needing more specials bather I may let it go price wise and charge them nominally extra. Otherwise we have an add-on fee for prescribed shampoos and something like this, especially when it has to sit on the pet for whatever amount of minutes. I have a 15 minute add on charge and a 30 minute add on charge and let them know upfront.

My best bather makes $15 an hour. So my cost for 15 minutes extra labor is about $4 plus employee expenses like payroll contributions. So say $6 in employees costs for 15 minutes. That's out of pocket for me and then take care of the business adding about $4 more. So 15 minutes add-on is $10 and 30 minutes is $20.

Thank you Coldnose!