Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wall Eyed Cat Mobile frustration

The business part of me hates absolutely hates that I turn away at least 20 new customers a week. I am bothered. But I know at the same time how many problems Tom has issues finding groomers and is cutting back someday. I hate turning away business. I don't see myself running lots of vans, but at the same time I feel successful that so many people call, and that extra income isn't coming in. Frustating to say the least.

You'd be far more frustrated when you have a week of people booked and your groomer doesn't show up. Be grateful and know that when you have customers drop, you'll have new ones to easily replace them.

Yes I will look more at it that way.

I have had the same symptoms but got over it. Finding steady help would be a real pain.

I am turning away 10 new customers a week lately.

Sell those calls to a startup mobiler. 20 new customers a week turned away has value to someone.

Great problem to have btw. Enjoy your success!

I know how you feel. I hate it when I have a van off and we get same day calls for grooms and no one to go out. Either add more employees or turn away clients. I said many times it's harder to find good employees than it is to add a van to the fleet.

Here's a cute story. A mobile groomer friend feel in love with a guy and he the same. He was not much a provider she said. He got bored with working home improvement stores mostly. But dogs loved him and he had good carpentry skills. And he did sculptures with chainsaws and made creative things for gardens. She said why don't you groom? Long story short he did short grooming training and finished him off enough to do good basic grooms. They got married and she gave him all the excess overflow she used to turn away. They are a 2 mobile groomer family for 5 years now.

So if my step sister does become a groomer, I could really help her build a clientele quick. She has shown dogs before, spaniels, she could learn grooming quick. I like it, less frustrated over this. Turned away several calls this week.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    You'd be far more frustrated when you have a week of people booked and your groomer doesn't show up. Be grateful and know that when you have customers drop, you'll have new ones to easily replace them.
    This exactly. I get 20+ phone calls per day and have a waiting list of way over 100. I would LOVE to have another groomer with my sensibilities, and would buy another van in a heartbeat....but I can't find one. I'm ok with what I have and am not eager to work more hours.

How much higher than salon prices are being charged? If there is that much demand for a service that is a luxury, fees could go higher easily, am I right? 2-tier pricing, with lower prices for a trainee who only works the hours not worked by the owner, restricted to a small travel area, handling only baths ans non-matted shave downs. Retired trucker or driver, so they can easily adjust to the van. Would work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast