Animated Wink Maintaining Focus

Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Well this is right 100%. Doesn't tell us how and I understand that 100% too! LOL

Today more than ever I see groomers distracted by cell phones, social media conversations and prescriptions even really. That's all Ok on their time but while grooming?? Desperate owners looking for groomers let them get away with anything. They groom and talk on cell phones the whole groom. Gossip, I know that's fun but through entire grooms, no ALL DAY. Aren't the phones supposed to be except at breaks and lunch. Yes, but they don't want to lose the groomers. WOW just work in places like this and you will speed on the expressway to start your own business. I love the focus on the groom and the dog, chat with the dog softly so it is comfortable and at ease. These others groomers don't hardly talk to the dog, they got boyfriends, girlfriends, tv , gossip and desperate men and housewives on their mind and conversations while they groom.

I can see the great value of being mobile to help with focus. That may be my direction someday.

One reason I don't allow mobile phones during work hours except breaks and lunch. That means text too. Some have said I thought you meant talking on the phone, not texting. Can you text and use clippers or shears at the same time?

I wish supervisory staff would enforce the "no cell phone use" in my salon. And maybe a "shut up and work" rule. In one more year I move to a salon with work ethic and maturity.

I think it depends on how experienced the groomer is. Sorry but I've seen seasoned groomers talk the entire time they work about everything and anything and put out superb grooms, safely every time. For the beginning groomer, they usually don't talk much anyway if they're trying to really learn I would hope. But I could imagine it could be very detrimental in a big shop with high turnover and newer groomers.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrystal View Post
    i wish supervisory staff would enforce the "no cell phone use" in my salon. And maybe a "shut up and work" rule. In one more year i move to a salon with work ethic and maturity.
    you bet.

I agree but we have to remember the ones it may distract. I worked at a place that allowed the groomers to play a radio at their station. 3 different stations at once, drove me crazy.

Some people can multitask others cannot. So some will be happy, some will not. So many people medicated today than when I was kid and that is a major distraction for some, and some not. Many meds obstruct focus.