Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt99 View Post
    Getting bit just sucks. Being emotionally involved with the pets makes it that much worse. It's hard not to take it personal when it happens. I got tagged by a dog last week. Ouch .....
    Oh sorry about your bite!! I think my friend took it more personally than I did. My cats don't behave this way. I think it's because they were handled as kittens a lot. All of my cats have had baths and nails done from the get go and most of them have been in the show ring at least once. But I also keep up with their coats. Any mats get taken care of right now.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

That's awful and the reason I just don't do cats anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    That's awful and the reason I just don't do cats anymore.
    I get it. But you show your dogs and do you breed? So.. there's much more at stake for your hands, imo.

I love cats soo much lol. As long as I'm not too badly injured.. I'm challenged by this girl.
    Debbie

Is it healing fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    Is it healing fine?
    Thanks for asking, Tin Man.. I'm doing my very bestest to stay out of the ER. Lots of cleaning and soaks, keeping it covered with abx ointment and aquaphor so it doesn't close up, trapping nasty bacteria. I was really worried last night when my thumb started to go numb, but I took some Ibuprofen and that helped. (I had also practiced my violin, which was dumb to do. Was I tense and held my bow wrong or did it irritate my wound?) I was more concerned with the punctures on the bottom of my forearm, but now I'm keeping a close eye on the top punctures. But I have more movement today so that's good.
    Debbie

How is the bite doing?
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    How is the bite doing?
    Okay, Cyn, thank you for asking. Less sore, less red, I have more movement in my forearm and wrist. But one puncture looks a bit pimply? I'm keeping a close eye on it.
    Debbie

Are you OK Daesue.

I have a question for you Daesue, you are a wonderful animal oriented woman and your other half seems quite OK with that too. How did you guys meet if you can share and was all your love and affection a perfect match or did he adapt?

Quote Originally Posted by 123Linda View Post
    Are you OK Daesue.

I have a question for you Daesue, you are a wonderful animal oriented woman and your other half seems quite OK with that too. How did you guys meet if you can share and was all your love and affection a perfect match or did he adapt?
    I am fine, thanks for asking! Healing well. My skin is fragile at my age, so it looks worse than it is :/.

Well.. my dh and I met in college. Dated a bit, broke up, got back together. Got married. He THOUGHT he was a cat person lol.. his mom had cats and at one time she was feeding something like 17 cats??? I was terribly allergic (still am) to cats, but grew up with a dog and I felt our sons would benefit from a dog. I was taking some art classes and the instructor told me she found me the perfect puppy lol. Gave me the name of the lady. Total BYB. Our sons were 3 1/2 and 18 mo (if my math is correct). Called, went over, and met a nice couple with a Golden Retriever and her puppies. This was probably 1984? We picked a sweet little female puppy and they brought her to our house at I think it was, at the time somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks. This was before the 8 week law. Before crating, before different training methods, good food. We were all pretty dim when it came to dogs.. but she lived a good life and I have some great stories.

But the game changer for my dh was when, after Golda (that was her name lol) died we started a search for a Labrador. I was a little smarter, this was before the internet took off lol.. so I'm looking in the paper and calling breeders. We were looking at chocolate labs and we just happened upon this breeder. She was a huge breeder if I recall, but I wouldn't quite say puppy mill? Anyway, after seeing her chocolate labs, we walked by a litter of yellow labs and that was it lol.

This lab, Mollie, was totally my dh's dog! He taught her to swim, he played catch with her every day. When she was 10, we adopted from a rescue, this obese, not potty trained yellow lab male with tons of skin problems. He and Mollie became best friends.. and I started volunteering and doing fostering. Training had changed, meds were better, foods better. He told everyone that this was his "daughter" hahahaha.. we called her our dogger.

I think it was about that time, but several years after the Cold War ended, I discovered the Siberian cat breed and that my allergies would tolerate them. I learned what I could about cats.. found one, then got another, then another lol.

So... I think he has adapted. He has always had a soft spot for animals though... just as an example, while we hate those yard rats, he will fish one out of the pool so it has a "fighting chance" rather than let it drown. Same with gophers. When we moved into this house, there were no birds because the previous owners sprayed for bugs every month. He thought that nothing short of dangerous to our health and the birds in the area. Within a couple of years.. the birds were back.

I don't know.. after 40 years, you just adapt to the other person, I think. We just get each other.. we get on each other's nerves as well lol. But we balance each other. I got lucky, really. Like I said, we met at college. My sister met her first husband at the same college and he turned out to be a weirdo. But how many husbands take the time to set up a special heater for the parakeets in your salon so they don't freeze to death??
    Debbie

I feel for ya about the Penicillin thing because I'm allergic also so when I got bit last year (dog) I had to take 2 different kinds of antibiotics, not fun! My first cat bite was crazy because the cat did wonderful for the lion cut, but as soon as I put that sucker in the tub and put the water on it, she shot straight up and bit me on the forearm. Luckily, it did not get infected because I had no insurance at the time and coudn't afford to see a Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    But how many husbands take the time to set up a special heater for the parakeets in your salon so they don't freeze to death??
    LOL Not many.

Love your answer Daesue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2