Default Liver test shows improvement

My older chi mix has a functioning liver but doc says there are signs not so great. He suggested Sam e. It's been about 3 months and she had another blood panel done. Much better! She also seems cheerier.

The hardest thing is getting it down here. It has to be done on an empty stomach. Joy. Tried pumpkin coating and that worked about 1 week, then she learned to lick it off. It is a hard but small tablet. She does 1/2 of a 200 mg. Now I found a way make like a little meatball and that's usually working.

I'm sorry about her liver. My cat is in the same boat. No way I can get SamE down her. But I'm glad it is working. Have you looked at Denamarin?? Or is that the same thing lol?
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Crush the tablet into powder and mix it with butter. Rub it on her legs and she will lick it off. I suggested this to my friend whose cat is on diuretics for a heart problem. Works great.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Actually Karla the butter is not best idea, something different. It would work bug the oily nature of butter would not work with absorption. Treat like iron. Here is something I learned.

Treat sam-e like iron. Iron is absorbed the best on an empty stomach. But if you must add a little food to get it ingested, do not use milk, butter, calcium and antacids at the same time as iron supplements. You should wait at least 2 hours after having these foods before taking your iron supplements.

Oh! I thought it was a cat. Guess that's what happens when you're dead! Blame it on Dolly!
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

My vet often put elderly dogs with liver issues on sam-e. Helps rebuild function.

One of the best things I ever did was to start taking sam e and I mean that 100%. I think, guess, that many people taking anti depressants would be better of with sam e. Changed my life and after a couple years I stopped and never needed it again.

My vet agrees can help the liver and recommends in aged dogs.