Animated Eyebrows Finally went mobile

I haven't posted for awhile but reading of course. Last year I thought we were going to convert our garage. Then took some advice here and studied mobile I bought a used wagntails van 2008. I am very happy. My husband is good at mechanics and fixed up the van pretty nice. I have about 50 regulars now I only work 3 days a week It was crazy hard not knowing how and where to groom in the beginning. I needed new customers and ended up getting most from an area about 10 miles away. Now I just go there once a week. I mean really how do you know when you start? I might do a 4th day to save up money to keep upgrading it. I figure I am still learning.

Some people don't like not being able to talk to me right away using voicemail instead. Any solutions for that?

Congrats on your new business!
    I think (I really should check) that my voicemail states that I do not answer the phone if I am grooming. In your case I would add 'or driving'.

My voicemail used to say what poodlefeet suggested. Your call is very important me but in order to give each dog my individual attention I don't answer the phone while grooming, or of course, while driving. I return all calls at the end of my business day.

Then you need to make sure you do that. Or if you have a moment sooner.

Just answer the phone is what I would do if I was you and need to build your clientele. People will just get someone else. But eventually it all pans out. I've always answered my calls regardless if I'm grooming or not.

Before I did grooming that bugged us, but now I understand and these are good answers. Just the way it is.

I drive sometimes 25 miles to get to a community, then I do a cluster of appointments. The next day, I head the opposite direction and do another cluster of appointments. Some days, I have to do a "clean up" were I drive all over the place. I live in the country, so driving long distances doesn't bother me at all. I usually leave my house around 7:15 to arrive at my first appointment at 8:00. I have to survive horrible traffic heading towards the capital city....so this is just routine. I try to schedule any dogs in my town first so I can miss some of the traffic.

I too do not answer my phone during the daytime, but do answer all calls when I return home, usually between 3-4:00. If no message is left, I do not call back...too many robo calls !!!!

Happy travelling around

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt99 View Post
    Just answer the phone is what I would do if I was you and need to build your clientele. People will just get someone else. But eventually it all pans out. I've always answered my calls regardless if I'm grooming or not.
    If you are available I would agree, but for me, when my website states your dog gets one on one attention with no distractions of checking in or out, phone calls or other dogs. I'm sticking to that. When you are mobile you don't have time to get caught up in a 15 minute phone call Kurt.

Congratulations!!
    I do housecalls in a city. I never answer my phone. Prospective clients who call are directed to my website, where they find detailed information and a form to fill out. The form is automatically emailed to me. Then I email possible dates and times. I do call some of my elderly clients, although the people who created the internet are now elderly, so "seniors" are often adept at email.

I catch up on VM at lunch, and then end of day. Since I am not taking new customers I get much fewer messages.

Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt99 View Post
    I am doing that more now since every groom appt matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    Congratulations!!
    I do housecalls in a city. I never answer my phone. Prospective clients who call are directed to my website, where they find detailed information and a form to fill out. The form is automatically emailed to me. Then I email possible dates and times. I do call some of my elderly clients, although the people who created the internet are now elderly, so "seniors" are often adept at email.
    I will check that out too.