Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default UGH!!!! Power outage

So I am down to last 2 dogs for the day and suddenly power goes off!
    Both are black dogs, can't see to groom with cordless, plus they are both wet!!!!
    I have called clients and notified them....thankfully they were understanding, since they have no power themselves. Gonna be a long day.
    Sucks to not have power. I just wanted to whine a bit.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Of course, when they are wet? No portable generator? They come in handy.

What happened Cyn?

What was the cause?

No portable genny. We had a bad storm last night...power was off from about 1am to 4am. Clear sky's this am but at 1120am it went back off and was off until 253pm! I guess it was a tree came down somewhere on power lines.....was a wide spread outage.
    Needless to say, I had to rewet both dogs and dry properly.
    To make lemonade out of lemons......I came in the house did a bit of cleaning and played outside with my dogs while I was waiting.

Texas seemed to be hit pretty hard! I saw that vid of that truck in Amarillo! My son and family in Colorado also had no power all day. Ulmer is/was a mighty big storm. Glad you got some playtime in!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Happened to me twice in the six years I had my salon. One time it was last two dogs of the day, one was completely done, another was dry, and I was able to finish her with cordless, on my little drying table in the bathing room, with the back door open for light. Second time I had to reschedule two dogs to the following day that was my day off. I think about a generator during summer storms, but havenít done anything g about it yet.

So instead of being finished by 3, you were only getting restarted at 3.
    The control freak in me would have been VERY unhappy!
    Bet your dogs didn't mind it one little bit!

Sorry for your luck Cyn. I have had that happen a couple of times. We always called ownwers and gave them the choice to wait it out or resxhedule. Where I work now we have a generator, but the dryers draw to much power. If it's a wet dog it has to air dry.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by ABDG View Post
    Happened to me twice in the six years I had my salon. One time it was last two dogs of the day, one was completely done, another was dry, and I was able to finish her with cordless, on my little drying table in the bathing room, with the back door open for light. Second time I had to reschedule two dogs to the following day that was my day off. I think about a generator during summer storms, but havenít done anything g about it yet.
    It has happened 3 times in 9 yrs for me. I have thought about a genny but like you, I have done nothing, lol. It all worked out fine....just a long day. The last two tipped me well for my "stress".

Last week we had a power outage almost all day. A truck ran into the pole and broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by poodlefeet View Post
    So instead of being finished by 3, you were only getting restarted at 3.
    The control freak in me would have been VERY unhappy!
    Bet your dogs didn't mind it one little bit!
    The control freak in me wanted to be very unhappy, that's why I went out and played with my dogs , they got more mom time which did make them happy so I just let myself feed off their feelings.
    NF, sending one of them home was NOT an option.....I had roughed him out before bath. He had short spots and long spots. Sending either of them home probably would have made it worse as it was cold outside, both owners also had no electricity, but I had the salon a little too warm when it went out so they stayed comfortable while waiting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast