Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Since the insult was aimed at me I will take a moment to answer.

Tom. I realize that we dont always see eye to eye. I feel that any questions I have asked you have always been with the best of intent. A year or so back, when I asked you about your price structure I was genuinely curious. How could a groomer such as yourself, who is knowledgeable and talented be charging less then my average shop price?

Ive always heard that mobile makes more then shops. So I was curious.
    You stated that competition is stiff and underpricing is common

I understand this. Im in Washington State. I remember the Great Migration of Californians moving into our State. These new clients would often say But my Groomer in California only charged $xxxx...
    Sorry Maam. Your in Washington now. These are my prices
    Thats how we learned about the stiff pricing competition in California.

It deeply saddens me to be called a price gouger. To come to that conclusion without knowing me or my surrounding area is hurtful.
    Even though the location of my shop is in a smaller town it is surrounded by larger towns and cities. There is plenty of competition in my area. I have a shop about 2 miles from me, as well as many many more within a 15 mile radius. I have a loyal clientele and Im booked year round. They certainly could go to the competition if they think Im too expensive.

I base my prices on how much it costs me to run my shop and make a salary. I do the math. I know what it costs me to run my business per hour. If I charged less then that, I would be out of business. Then I might as well work for Boeing.

As far as my grooming skills are concerned Im a Master Groomer with IPG. I attend grooming seminars and have been attending since the early 1980s...when All American and Intergroom were the only games in town.
    While I admit that Im not as good as people that groom for show, I am still a darn good groomer. Im thorough,gentle and kind. I keep up with the latest in equipment and techniques.

As far as pricing by the hour goes, all you need to do is ask me politely and Id by happy to explain. To just assume that its some complicated system....well, just ask.

Ill let it go at that.

I am still not sure where Tom said Dogma was gouging. I don't think he would be that rude to you Dogma. He said some other groomers in small towns. Perhaps a heated topic but I don't think he was speaking of you in particular. Love to both of you.

Coldnose.

I said I charge $63 an hour and Im in a small town. (To make an example that you dont need to live in a big city such as NYC or LA to charge those prices)

Tom replied by quoting my thread and saying Does that mean small towns can price gouge clients cause there is no competition?

Since I was the only one that was mentioning small town pricing vs big city pricing I felt the comment was directed at me.

My apologies, Dogma. I never meant to imply you are gouging. I was generally speaking about mobile groomers charging upwards of $100 hour like Dolly said in mid Ohio (small towns). I didn't even know you were in a small town either or that you were in a shop. My apologies.

Thank you Tom.

Ah nice. Both of you are very smart and special here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2