Default Doing IV San Bernard 1st step of certification. Questions for certified people

Since my focus is fur and skin in cat grooming, I'm thinking about at least doing the first step toward certification as a pet aesthetician.

Question --
    Has anyone on this forum been able to use the certification to increase their income?
    I love learning, but since this is a business decision, I do need to think about the "bottom line."

If you did increase your business income after being certified, by what percentage or dollar amount per year?
    How did you use the certification to increase your income?
    Now that some time has passed, are you still enthusiastic about the training, or does it seem less useful after a few years?

Thank you.

I got their cert but don't use it. I would use NDGAA or some others, not a product company. Don't expect to make more money using it. Well unless you live and I think you do that pay for that excellence. There are 2 types of pet owners, those that want to take care of their pets best possible, and those that want tosay I use the most highly regarded famous groomers and pay for it. Good let them pay for it. Others respect without paying for it is fine. Do it for YOU, and do charge more. But from certs I don't expect more and didn't do it for that. LOL I did it for me? I had a great time doing and am proud I did it. That's priceless. That's the truth. You don't need an ulterior motive to get the best training in the world to make more money. Just know you are awesome for doing it. My husband agrees, he is watching me type this before going to bed.

I respect where you're coming from, even though it's not what I'm looking for, which is ways to increase my business income.

I never expected my certification to make any extra income. But I am self employed. If I worked as an employee some employers might add a little percentage. Most of the public doesn't even know how our certification works. It is something more for pride in myself but sure I would exhibit my certifications and use the initials or whatever for the title. That is deserved. So it makes a good impression, but most pet owners we have would not pay more money, perhaps more loyal and impressed.

I am certified NDGAA. I never got paid more when I was employed, but I am sure I got more interviews. I have my own shop now and certified employees don't get paid more. I don't think I could charge more to my clientele for a certified vs non certified groom. I know that works in some of the hair chain stores, but I never heard of it in grooming. But I love the idea of your trying it and getting it. Good for you.

I ordered the 1st part of the IV San Bernard pet esthetician program, to study skin and fur. Excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    I ordered the 1st part of the IV San Bernard pet esthetician program, to study skin and fur. Excited!
    How is that going Emma?

It's so different ftom the training I received and the assumptions I made about skin and fur. In a way, it ties in with my Fear Free certification, in that there is a more gentle quality to this type of skin and fur care than to the methods I used before
    I am going to wean myself off of degreasers, unless a client requires me to use them. The concept of like to like, using oil to remove oil, makes sense. Then shampooing once.

It's so different ftom the training I received and the assumptions I made about skin and fur. In a way, it ties in with my Fear Free certification, in that there is a more gentle quality to this type of skin and fur care than to the methods I used before
    I am going to wean myself off of degreasers, unless a client requires me to use them. The concept of like to like, using oil to remove oil, makes sense. Then shampooing once.
    I would love to know why I think you mean the degreasers. I would always treat with conditioners when using a lot of degreasers.

Emma so is that how it works really, oil to remove oil. Other than a degreaser what is being used specifically?

I am a beginner with their products. They have an extensive array of regular and therapeutic shampoos, masks, serums, oils, conditioners and sprays. A bit overwhelming, but impressive.
    Not educated enough yet to suggest specific products. Stay tuned though. I will be experimenting and will let you know how it goes.