Smile Hello from Canada

Hello, I'm from Alberta, Canada. I'm not a groomer at the moment but I'm planning on going to grooming school in the next year with a plan to start my own business sometime afterwards. I've grown up with basset hounds and a Newfoundland/lab mix and presently own two Dalmatians. I've been reading books on grooming and find this forum is such an amazing resource!

Hello and welcome!! Read my tagline after my signature.. I truly believe it. Best of luck to you and we are happy the forum is helpful!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Hi! Ask any questions you may have. We even have some great Canadian groomers on here.

Itzaclip is from Canada and a wonderful groomer. Check all her pictures.

Hello! And welcome! I'm in central Alberta Canada. Just out side Calgary. I assume your heading to the school in leduc? You will have to stop by I'm only a couple hours from there. I had a groomer shadow me on Saturday from bc.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    Hello! And welcome! I'm in central Alberta Canada. Just out side Calgary. I assume your heading to the school in leduc? You will have to stop by I'm only a couple hours from there. I had a groomer shadow me on Saturday from bc.

WOW OP what an awesome awesome offer. You are so cool Itza.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post

Yes I will be heading to Leduc for school! Thanks for the offer I would love to stop by! I will let you know the next time I'm headed that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellanoss View Post
    Yes I will be heading to Leduc for school! Thanks for the offer I would love to stop by! I will let you know the next time I'm headed that way!
    My salon name is itzaclip doggy day spa. I also own Canadian Grooming Distributer. Google either of those and you will find my address to my new location. #3 6004 imperial way, olds Alberta. Message me through Facebook if your going to stop by.

I love the friendly groomers, lots of them here actually. Welcome to the original poster. Tell us more about your school experiences there, was it good?

Thanks ItzaClip! I've actually been browsing Canadian Grooming Distributor quite a bit lately. I might be over a year away from becoming a groomer but I'm so excited that I've been researching products and learning as much now as I can. I haven't gone to school yet but the one I'm planning to attend is a 12 week, full time course. I'm also planning to buy some books and DVDs on grooming before I attend as well to learn as much as possible. I've also signed up to volunteer at the SPCA to spend more time with a variety of dogs and hopefully meet some of the groomers that help there as well! I

Quote Originally Posted by Ellanoss View Post
    Thanks ItzaClip! I've actually been browsing Canadian Grooming Distributor quite a bit lately. I might be over a year away from becoming a groomer but I'm so excited that I've been researching products and learning as much now as I can. I haven't gone to school yet but the one I'm planning to attend is a 12 week, full time course. I'm also planning to buy some books and DVDs on grooming before I attend as well to learn as much as possible. I've also signed up to volunteer at the SPCA to spend more time with a variety of dogs and hopefully meet some of the groomers that help there as well! I
    Awesome! Well welcome to the industry and make sure you search here as I've been a member since 2010?? My Grooming improved tones when I found this site and started reading and posting pics for critique. Great resource