Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Smile Hello from Canada

    Hello, I'm from Alberta, Canada. I'm not a groomer at the moment but I'm planning on going to grooming school in the next year with a plan to start my own business sometime afterwards. I've grown up with basset hounds and a Newfoundland/lab mix and presently own two Dalmatians. I've been reading books on grooming and find this forum is such an amazing resource!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,721

    Default

    Hello and welcome!! Read my tagline after my signature.. I truly believe it. Best of luck to you and we are happy the forum is helpful!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Hi! Ask any questions you may have. We even have some great Canadian groomers on here.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Itzaclip is from Canada and a wonderful groomer. Check all her pictures.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Hello! And welcome! I'm in central Alberta Canada. Just out side Calgary. I assume your heading to the school in leduc? You will have to stop by I'm only a couple hours from there. I had a groomer shadow me on Saturday from bc.


    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    Hello! And welcome! I'm in central Alberta Canada. Just out side Calgary. I assume your heading to the school in leduc? You will have to stop by I'm only a couple hours from there. I had a groomer shadow me on Saturday from bc.


    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    WOW OP what an awesome awesome offer. You are so cool Itza.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    Hello! And welcome! I'm in central Alberta Canada. Just out side Calgary. I assume your heading to the school in leduc? You will have to stop by I'm only a couple hours from there. I had a groomer shadow me on Saturday from bc.


    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Yes I will be heading to Leduc for school! Thanks for the offer I would love to stop by! I will let you know the next time I'm headed that way!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellanoss View Post
    Yes I will be heading to Leduc for school! Thanks for the offer I would love to stop by! I will let you know the next time I'm headed that way!
    My salon name is itzaclip doggy day spa. I also own Canadian Grooming Distributer. Google either of those and you will find my address to my new location. #3 6004 imperial way, olds Alberta. Message me through Facebook if your going to stop by.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,607

    Default

    I love the friendly groomers, lots of them here actually. Welcome to the original poster. Tell us more about your school experiences there, was it good?

  10. #10

    Default

    Thanks ItzaClip! I've actually been browsing Canadian Grooming Distributor quite a bit lately. I might be over a year away from becoming a groomer but I'm so excited that I've been researching products and learning as much now as I can. I haven't gone to school yet but the one I'm planning to attend is a 12 week, full time course. I'm also planning to buy some books and DVDs on grooming before I attend as well to learn as much as possible. I've also signed up to volunteer at the SPCA to spend more time with a variety of dogs and hopefully meet some of the groomers that help there as well! I

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellanoss View Post
    Thanks ItzaClip! I've actually been browsing Canadian Grooming Distributor quite a bit lately. I might be over a year away from becoming a groomer but I'm so excited that I've been researching products and learning as much now as I can. I haven't gone to school yet but the one I'm planning to attend is a 12 week, full time course. I'm also planning to buy some books and DVDs on grooming before I attend as well to learn as much as possible. I've also signed up to volunteer at the SPCA to spend more time with a variety of dogs and hopefully meet some of the groomers that help there as well! I
    Awesome! Well welcome to the industry and make sure you search here as I've been a member since 2010?? My Grooming improved tones when I found this site and started reading and posting pics for critique. Great resource

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •