Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Big Tongue Leaving for Australia

I love the ads here. About a month ago an ad was looking for a US groomer to come to Dubai and Australia. I followed on the Australia. What great people! They have a shop near Sydney. Their lead groomer is having a baby soon, but wants her position back in one year. Locals that fill in might not want to give up the position. So they thought of posting ad here. I love it. I am taking a year there. It really helped that I sent my portfolio and gave them a letter I would leave and they would help with visa things. Not only that they gave me a little apt room in their property so I am rent free. Icing on the cake, real butter cream. I have been a midwife. No I am not going to deliver OMG no. But they have arranged for that delivery and I am supportive.

I am bursting with excitement. I talk with them daily over skype. They have a nice shop with bathers and another groomer. I am going to see Australia! Who would have ever heard about this without looking at the ads. Love you all and will be reading the board from there of course.

What a fantastic opportunity!
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Wow! That sounds fun and exciting!!! You better keep in touch on the board.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

OH my gosh what an amazing opportunity. Maybe I should start watching the ads lol

awesome. Wish I could take a year there too. Watch out, they have some crazy big spiders the size of dinner plates and scary snakes.

I saw that ad also. “If I was just a few years younger...”
    So glad you got the job. You’ll have the time of your life!

That's soo cool!! Have a great time, be safe.. take lots of photos! What a great opportunity!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Sounds amazing! Have a wonderful time!

An amazing adventure that will enhance your life. Enjoy and please let us know about all the experiences you have.

Congratulations! I hope you have fun and it goes well for you!

Wow, that’s so cool! Good for you for being brave and taking this great opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bow wow bow wow LOL I am so excited for you. Go explore. I have been to Australia. It called me more than Europe. It will be an adventure. That you are working there is far more than being a tourist. Enjoy. I know Jodi Murphy goes there once a year and loves it. She mentioned that at a show. When you have a common bond like grooming you are an immediate friend. However, this is no joke, some of them speak 50% in Australia slang and it is like another language but so much fun. Never say you don't like beer, they love beer, just say I love beer but I would like this whatever it is. I found them very kind. I hope you get time for side trips. Sydney was fun. If I went now in my life I would do a side trip to epic New Zealand and see where they filmed Lord of the Rings. Another place that loves down to earth tourists.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast