Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused I was the human bowling pin today lol

So.. I had given myself the day off, slept in. Got up, filled a cup of coffee, said goodbye to hubby, took the dogs out who started to play. I'm drinking from my tall latte mug when all of a sudden both dogs have barreled right into my lower legs and down I went. Now, I had the mug in my left hand, cuz I'm left handed lol.. and I fell down HARD on my left elbow, and for some reason I thought.. "Oh don't break that mug" and I set it down hard on the patio. The coffee flew out of the mug but I didn't break it!!! I was in such pain but I kind of started laughing at the way I had slammed the mug down just after my elbow met the patio.

I have a lump the size of a golf ball and I had my flannel pj's on.. and I really put a gash on my elbow. It could use some stitches.. but I'm bad, even if I get it stitched, when they come out, it'll be a weird scar because I can't keep it together where it is. Hmmm, I guess I could call my doc tomorrow. He told me you have 24 hours to stitch a wound. I know that because my son split his forehead open once and he and I battled, oh for almost a day getting that face stitched up! I won lol.

I do wonder how slamming something like your elbow on a flat concrete surface ends up with a gash. Does the skin separate from the force? I wonder if Google will tell me hahahahha. I'm sore lol. I hate falling.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Not sure why dogs think it's ok to smash into people when they are roughhousing. Our pack has done it often enough, but if we go down we land on grass. Cannot imagine landing on a truly hard surface.

Get thee to a doctor to prevent further trauma to your elbow, and then wrap yourself up with bubble wrap please.

Ouch! Make sure you get that elbow looked at... just in case.
    Congrats on saving the coffee mug!
    By the way, what types of dogs do you have? Even my little toy breeds have banged into me hard enough that Iíve lost my balance and fallen. But I have the feeling your pups are larger.

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    So.. I had given myself the day off, slept in. Got up, filled a cup of coffee, said goodbye to hubby, took the dogs out who started to play. I'm drinking from my tall latte mug when all of a sudden both dogs have barreled right into my lower legs and down I went. Now, I had the mug in my left hand, cuz I'm left handed lol.. and I fell down HARD on my left elbow, and for some reason I thought.. "Oh don't break that mug" and I set it down hard on the patio. The coffee flew out of the mug but I didn't break it!!! I was in such pain but I kind of started laughing at the way I had slammed the mug down just after my elbow met the patio.

I have a lump the size of a golf ball and I had my flannel pj's on.. and I really put a gash on my elbow. It could use some stitches.. but I'm bad, even if I get it stitched, when they come out, it'll be a weird scar because I can't keep it together where it is. Hmmm, I guess I could call my doc tomorrow. He told me you have 24 hours to stitch a wound. I know that because my son split his forehead open once and he and I battled, oh for almost a day getting that face stitched up! I won lol.

I do wonder how slamming something like your elbow on a flat concrete surface ends up with a gash. Does the skin separate from the force? I wonder if Google will tell me hahahahha. I'm sore lol. I hate falling.
    Yes, the skin will break open from the force of you falling on it. That's what happened to my left palm (8 stitches) when the pig took me out in the pg pen.
    My large dogs hit me hard enough to knock one down at times.....they are playing so hard that they don't see me I guess, lol
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Daesue it's the same mystery of how you can get an abrasion on your knee through fabric yet the fabric is intact.

Go get stitched!

Concerns me that you got knocked over. Didnt you get knocked over or tripped by the dogs a couple months ago too? Is there a way to make sure it doesn't happen again? Youre such a sweet person. I hate that you got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by holisticfitness View Post
    Ouch! Make sure you get that elbow looked at... just in case.
    Congrats on saving the coffee mug!
    By the way, what types of dogs do you have? Even my little toy breeds have banged into me hard enough that Iíve lost my balance and fallen. But I have the feeling your pups are larger.
    Gunner is a yellow lab about 72 lbs and Oliver is some little mix breed that weighs 40 lbs. (little hahahaha.. he is little to us!) And yes, they play play play play. It's like watching the dog version of Robot Wars sometimes.
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    Concerns me that you got knocked over. Didnt you get knocked over or tripped by the dogs a couple months ago too? Is there a way to make sure it doesn't happen again? Youre such a sweet person. I hate that you got injured.
    Yes! I was walking Gunner when he tangled himself into my feet.. but then I realized I was wearing shoes from my broken foot days and they were a half size too big. The only way to make sure it won't happen again is to be aware of where I am! He just really needs a lot of training. He's getting better. Now I'm on a quest for good running shoes. So far I've bought and sent back 4 pairs. I wear a narrow, so harder to find.
    Debbie

OW!! Yes, have that checked out-especially since it's your left elbow. Might be some nerve damage.

Cocker, that's a good question. One of life's mysteries.

A gal who worked for me had her jaw broken by her playful St Poo. She had to have it wired shut. Probably had a lot of explaining to do that it was her dog, NOT her husband who caused the injury.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

OMG Daesue I love your posts. I never know what is next for you. But you could have been hurt so much worse, but you have a destiny Xenia!

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    Yes! I was walking Gunner when he tangled himself into my feet.. but then I realized I was wearing shoes from my broken foot days and they were a half size too big. The only way to make sure it won't happen again is to be aware of where I am! He just really needs a lot of training. He's getting better. Now I'm on a quest for good running shoes. So far I've bought and sent back 4 pairs. I wear a narrow, so harder to find.
    Daesue, lok at Avias....they are narrow.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Daesue, lok at Avias....they are narrow.
    Oh thanks, Cyn.... and I'm terribly sorry about the pig slamming into you!
    Debbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast