Huh I need a hand hold or encouragement or something

I finish here 3 weeks tomorrow and I'm really struggling.

I'm struggling with saying good bye to the dogs, saying g good bye to the clients and not being able to tell them I'm leaving, I'm struggling not telling my colleagues Im leaving, especially one girl who was so concerned I was upset she waited out side the bathroom and ambushed me to make sure I'm ok.

I'm struggling with not talking to the the rest of the team who do know I'm leaving it feeling like they are giving me the cold shoulder. Beyond fluffy is here I don't say a word to them. I'm just stuck in a room upstairs away from every one feeling very isolated especially when there's nothing to do.

I know I'm doing the right thing, both for my physical health and my mental health. I know this other position is better for me.

I don't know, I'm currently sat on my own in my "salon" sat on the table feeling rubbish and ready to cry. Today was a particularly bad one, all my clients were long standing ones I've been grooming for 6+ years, all followed me from my last salon and it killed me.

Maybe I need to pull myself together. I'm probably over tired and emotional.

Thanks for reading, I just needed an out let I guess to people who understand

Oh, Marsh. I feel your pain. I sold my grooming business after starting it 14 years prior. I didn't tell my clients-not the human ones anyway. I gave each pet a special hug and said good-bye to them. The day I locked up for the last time was so hard. I left a letter for my clients introducing their new groomer and letting them know I was moving away (I opened a home biz in my new 'digs'.) I even gave them my new address. I found that focusing on the future and my next venture helped some. We feel so connected to our clients-furry and otherwise-that leaving them is hard. That's why we are who we are, and that's a good thing! Feel better.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

I'm so sorry. I think the biggest part of the issue is you can't tell anyone. Did you tell people your full name?? That way they can find you?? It's perfectly fine to be emotional over this. Wish I could give you a big hug... but if I were there, I'd be sitting outside handing out your business cards lol!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Ah Marshmellow. Big Hugs for you. This is hard. Itís okay to feel sad.

Hopefully this will help a little. I had a friend years ago in a similar situation as you. Groomed for a vet that didnít treat her well. She opened a shop of her own.
    When she left the vet she didnít tell any of her long time clients where she went. She never advertised that she used to work for ABC Vet Clinic.

And you know what? All her old clients found her anyway. It only takes one or two clients to find you by accident and they start telling their friends. ďHey Alice! I found out where Marshmellow is working now! Hereís her number!)

It will be the same for you too. Youíll be surprised how quickly they start beating the bushes for you.

In the mean time...BIG HUGS....we do understand.

Thank you guys, I'm really grateful for the kind words and support. It's helped, a lot

And daesue, yeah they have my full name, it's on my name badge.

I feel better now I'm home and I've eaten, hubby mostly cooked dinner, he left the steak to me as he didn't want to ruin it and I'm having warm snuggles with ollie.

Hugs to you. Iím glad you are how you are. Itís good to know there are people such as yourself who are so caring. It may be emotionally difficult at times, but be proud of who you are.

Aww sorry you're feeling so down. i can't imagine how hard it would be. When I left my shop, I told everyone, and I had a good cry. There was closure.

Thank you every one for your kind words. I'm feeling better after going to bed early last night.

Hugs. Great big german shepherd hugs.
    Taking good care of yourself is key, but you already learned that. You do have a bright future to look toward. Keep focusing on that.

Thank you

Hang in there Marshmellow.......look forward to a new adventure
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Thanks every one.

I got asked to do a salon floor plan design so that was fun. Took me ages to figure out the scaling ratios... Maths was never my strong point, it hurt what few brain cells I have left, there may have been some cell fatalities.

Whilst it may not be perfect it gives them an idea of the lay out I'd like and it's only for 2 years. I know the most important placements are the immovable stuff like the bath and such things.