Animated Wink Salon Mixup Sends Dogs to Wrong Homes, for YEARS

Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

I am flabbergasted, something like flubber.

I am speechless! Yeah.. as Brit says.. flabbergasted!

But I have witnessed such an event at a vet's office. When I was involved in rescue, my dh and I went to pick up a lab about 40 min from us and as we were waiting the receptionist handed an owner her "dog" back.. a cute little Dachshund. She said.. "this isn't my dog." Oh sure enough, it WASN'T!!! And about a week later, one of our other volunteers went to get a dog at the same place and he called me and said.. "this isn't a lab, are you sure we took this dog?" He said.. "it's more like a terrier." Uh no, he was supposed to get a Lab and sure enough they sent someone's dog home with him!!!

My friend took her yellow lab to a groomer for a bath and nails and they shaved her. Wrong yellow female lab. At least she got her correct dog back.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

OK, we ONCE mixed up two chocolate labs...but they were brothers and we caught it within the hour! They had both been at our facility for a playdate. They looked almost exactly alike! that was stressful. Thankfully I also had one of the litter and we are all friends so it was a fairly simple phone call...embassing though and a good life/business lesson!

Wow! I have seen this happen in vet clinics when 2 look alike pets were confused. But for this to have been yrs ago and the owners never figured it out til an incident occurred where the chip was scanned......that boggled my mind.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

The for years part is unbelievable to me. Not saying not true but come on. What are you .....

How could they not have known the difference? The noses aren't even the same color

Happened in former shop I worked in. Owners didn't even catch it til dinner time one dog wolfed his feed down like it was his last meal when he normally turned his nose up at it. Owners called us and had a laugh about the whole thing because the dogs did indeed look identical. P.S. How did this happen?????? This was a shop where all the dogs were allowed to run loose and have a "playdate" at the groomers. Another reason to secure pets in their own space with identification.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygrl View Post
    Happened in former shop I worked in. Owners didn't even catch it til dinner time one dog wolfed his feed down like it was his last meal when he normally turned his nose up at it. Owners called us and had a laugh about the whole thing because the dogs did indeed look identical. P.S. How did this happen?????? This was a shop where all the dogs were allowed to run loose and have a "playdate" at the groomers. Another reason to secure pets in their own space with identification.
    Yeah but catching it at dinner time is different than several years. We are in total agreement about securing pets in theIr own space with ID......but if dog gets moved and ID dosent, this is another place look alike pets handled by many different staff members can get screwed up. I saw it many times at vet clinics....
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Animated Wink More News

Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.