Big Smile Pink Mobile grooming and motherhood

Has anyone had experience with having a one person mobile business (one person shop fine too) and how you handle time off for last stages of pregnancy and time for returning.

Is the only choice to find a groomer to replace you for a few weeks? I think I could call all my customers affected even every appointment to assure them and maintain contact. It is not like I cannot make calls, send texts.

Any brilliant ideas out there? So appreciate your help.

Well as you may know from my posts I was a fill in mobile groomer while still working in a shop. The mobile owner had med issues and it worked out great for me as my boss knew I wanted my own biz someday. Wow if you could find someone like that it could work well.

Hope for the best for you. It's possible.

My former apprentice is facing the same situation. She's basically working until she pops (which is any day now
    ) and taking a month off after. She'll start back up slow with her very regulars and then be back to work. Nobody is gonna die going a month longer for a groom. I'll be doing her weekly dog for her during this time (used to be my client but they moved outside my service area).

It's just simply not easy, when it's just you.

I think most customer will understand for a month or so, but some not much longer. The mobile bond is very strong, very strong. Pray for a temp replacement even if they can only do a bath.

Hope things are working out.