Default Looking at used vans likely Hanvey or WagnTails - have question

I am assisting one of my groomers to go mobile and she will be moving about 100 miles away. We don't know a lot about vans. The most basic question to start with is the make. i see so many Dodges and Fords. Which one is better for mobiles in your opinion?

Well that is a loaded question. I have asked guys that for years and it seems they adopt chevy, ford or dodge as a badge they wear. You can even feel the friction between those not on the same team you know. 30 years later they stay on track like it is a loyalty thing, a game where they have to support their team. That's men at least some of them. I gave up and did my homework like reading reviews like Consumer reports. I bought used and the groomer have the van for a couple three years and she had all the records. So she had a Ford and I went with that, and did not play the competition. Ask for records from the buyer no matter the brand.

LOL been thinking about this. Never ask guys about this, unless they are cute and you want to have an EXTENDED conversation. You care little lady? OMG the loyalty they have to Ford or Chevy or Dodge is like wow important, "little lady." I am having fun with it.

I visited with my family past weekend. The men, the men. You could bore me to death when they get started over dodge vs ford vs chevy just like commercials. I figure the used Elite I bought didn't have any major problems I am happy. Men.

Don't know about Ford, but I can't say I'm thrilled with my Dodge. I much preferred my Nissan. If I work beyond the life of this van, I'll go back to a Nissan.

Why aren't I thrilled? Brand new, but I seem to have a coolant leak/problem. The door is making a clicking sound when it opens and closes. I'm not thrilled with the lack of power. It just doesn't seem as well built as my NV. Oh and it sucks in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    Don't know about Ford, but I can't say I'm thrilled with my Dodge. I much preferred my Nissan. If I work beyond the life of this van, I'll go back to a Nissan.

Why aren't I thrilled? Brand new, but I seem to have a coolant leak/problem. The door is making a clicking sound when it opens and closes. I'm not thrilled with the lack of power. It just doesn't seem as well built as my NV. Oh and it sucks in the snow.
    But you have to agree, the promaster has better cargo space for a salon and the step in height is better. The Nissan is smaller in the cargo and does not come in longer wheelbases. I do not like the overall shape of the NV. It has a long nose and looks short from a side view. The new ford van is the best one on the market. Has much more room, strongest engine with twin turbos and the best driving cockpit you can get, even nicer than the sprinter.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post

Good info, I would like the Nissan too. And yet agree with Tom below. But I trust Nissan more than Ford, but I would go Ford before Dodge.

Our 2015 Promaster has 66K miles and no problems with it mechanically. The build quality is not so great, especially the rear doors and hinges and the sliding door needs to be slammed hard to close otherwise the dash light says door not closed. But it does drive nice and has good power considering it's a V6 front wheel drive.

I have owned both. I bought a Wagntails Dodge in 2003 and when I traded that in, they were using Fords. For me , I prefer the Ford. I had a few issues with the Dodge when I brought it home and it was all warranty stuff....but my issue wasn't that really as much as it was dealing with Dodge/Chrystler and warranty stuff. The dealer/autoshop around here (who has since gone out of business) would never want to work on my vehical. It had issues like needing a new battery, ball bearings and one other thing I don't recall. I would take my van to the shop and leave it , they would tell me someone was working on it...I would find out NO ONE did anything with it and then they would tell me that the mechanic went home sick or never showed up and once they told me they had to fire a mechanic. So I stopped going there and ended up paying for the stuff that was under warranty. I wrote to Cryster / Dodge with no joy.
    So it put a bad taste in my mouth.
    The van was fine after all the issues were sorted out

I would go with a Ford as well, but I would deal with the Nissan better. No not the same but more reliable than the others.

I read consumer reports for autos and I would say Ford of the 2.

Just an fyi, Hanvey uses a Mercedes