Default Cost cutting without quality cuts

This year I want to try some. One thing I am doing is making sure I always get free shipping. I want to order enough to reach that level. I tend for some reason to place lots of smaller orders. So I am calendaring my Outlook to place a monthly order for everything or most.

I talked to my landlord and said the place needs some things better maintained or a rent cut. Like the ceiling tiles have gotten stains from leaks not my responsibility. Also his water heater leaked and affected the floor. Not bad, but I stood up and said, fix please or cut the rent.

I joined Costco and founds some savings there again ordering in bulk and got a little fridge to take healthier food to work. I admit sometimes I eat fast food value combos but have you seen the prices? Going to $8 to $10 here. Forget it. I can take some fresh cheese, cold cuts, condiments great rolls for $4. That's a lot savings.

Any other ideas?

I'm a spendthrift at fast food joints too. If it's not dollar menu, or 2 for 5, it ain't happening with me. And I've always ordered enough shampoo for free shipping. The expense I hate the most is bandanas. Still costs me like 35 cents each. I'm picky with my design on them. I can't stand cheap looking. Granted this is fabric discounted to 6 dollars a yard. But it's nice stuff. We have a great fabric, sewing independent store near me I'm addicted to.

Fast food does cost a lot these days. Grooming cost cuts I order in bulk too. Interesting your negotiations with landlord, well done. I don't look for cost cuts with employees. We are efficient already. I do buy cleaning supplies and laundry and that stuff at Costco. No other suggestions in the moment, will think about it. We don't cut back on great bows bandannas, that is important and the cost in our fees. We keep up quality with price increases mostly.

That is my biggest thing this year- to almost stop eating out. And you're right with the free shipping. Other than that- probably not much you can do besides make sure you're diluting shampoos to spec and raise prices for those that haven't had an increase.

I bring my small lunch every day. Did you know that McDonalds figures heavy eaters of their food come as little as 2 or 3 times a month. If you never saw the documentary Supersize Me he ate McDonalds every day for a month or something like that. His liver and other organs were tested. Doctor said he had to stop immediately or face hospitalization. He was seriously ill. After watching that I cut back fast food.

Being HB was a game changer in the way I ate lunch. I tended to go from not eating lunch at all to pigging out on fast food when my salon was in vet clinics. Now we might eat fast food once or twice every 6 mo. Hubby cooks good healthy meals almost every night. I still go from not eating lunch faze to eating lunch, but now my lunch is health leftovers or a wholesome sandwich. REALLY does save a lot of money and is much healthier too!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Another way to save is to look at your efficiency. So do you waste time doing this a certain order? Time yourself or your employees. Organize things to be within reach.
    You can actually save time ( thus being able to add another groom or a bigger groom to the day) by your choice in products. K9 competition for example seems to greatly reduce drying time, even if you condition. But will not dry out skin ( I'm in dry prarie)
    Taking the time to maintain equipment. Like your 5-1 blades. I use can of air during day and shear oil. Then to deep clean either ultra Sonic machine or recirc in tub with soap. Rinse. HV dry and oil. I used my 5-1 daily as my main clipper. My blades last me 4-6 months easy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This actually isn't a good idea but one I have seen a few times. Groomers that buy a sharpening machine to do their own, and end up ruining blades or shears. Warning anyone thinking that, it is a skill.

Payroll and rent are usually the two largest expenses. Best not mess with payroll and landlords usually don't reduce rent. I like the idea of you asking the landlord for improvements.

More sales or less expenses. We always try for more sales.

Good luck!