Default Selling your shop

I have owned my shop for about 4 1/2 years. Due to some issues I may be looking to sell my business. If you have gone through the sale of your Grooming business where did you start?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I placed an ad here found someone, and sold it.

I sold a business about 12 years ago in the ads here like Cockerlvr, moved when I bought another business here. I got my bookkeeping up to date, and I cleaned up my business and fresh paint. Everything scrubbed all the book work organized. I made up about 20 pages of instructions how I run the business. I organized some files with paperwork like the lease, business license and permits. I took some pictures and put some in the ad and some I emailed if they seemed really interested. I didn't use a realtor but my friend was one. She recommended a lawyer who made up a contract for the sale. Cost about $200. Ask your landlord if you have one how to go about the sale, will they have to approve the new owner. It took about 6 months but I started in Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Linda View Post
    I sold a business about 12 years ago in the ads here like Cockerlvr, moved when I bought another business here. I got my bookkeeping up to date, and I cleaned up my business and fresh paint. Everything scrubbed all the book work organized. I made up about 20 pages of instructions how I run the business. I organized some files with paperwork like the lease, business license and permits. I took some pictures and put some in the ad and some I emailed if they seemed really interested. I didn't use a realtor but my friend was one. She recommended a lawyer who made up a contract for the sale. Cost about $200. Ask your landlord if you have one how to go about the sale, will they have to approve the new owner. It took about 6 months but I started in Winter.
    I am the owner of the building, so going to sell that as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by meechiecat5 View Post
    I am the owner of the building, so going to sell that as well

So that is an interesting situation. First you could sell the business to a groomer who has the means to buy the building. That may be hard. Second you sell the building to a real estate investor and hope that you can still sell the grooming business, because the investor type usually wants the spaces leased, but can raise rents, and who knows do what that might interrupt selling the grooming business. Twisted isn't it?

Good points Linda. I think you nailed the big concerns. Nothing wrong with trying to sell both. Is it a building with other tenant spaces or alone. I have seen both a grooming shop remodeled and expanded into a vet clinic with grooming.

I am actually moving to another state so need to sell both

Any other specific questions you have. It would be easier to help.

Quote Originally Posted by meechiecat5 View Post
    I am actually moving to another state so need to sell both

Is it a commerical building or home with grooming

Quote Originally Posted by Hellyion View Post
    Is it a commerical building or home with grooming
    Looks like commercial building according to different thread by same OP.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.