Thread: You're SMILING?

Default You're SMILING?

The flat nozzle for my K9 II blew out (the end starts to flopping and makes an horrendous noise), rendering it unusable. A quick order placed with the fabulous Frank Rowe & Son got me a replacement almost immediately, but not in time for several large hairies. Then yesterday I had a doodle with a coat any spoo would be proud of, pop in the new nozzle, and IT blew out almost immediately! A call to Frank Rowe led to a call to Electric Cleaner who are sending a replacement, but it's doubtful it will be here in time for the spooky Newfie tomorrow. I shared my story with dh. His eyes like literally lit up, cuz he loves figuring out how to fix things. He had several ideas immediately. This morning he wanted to see for himself how the failure happens. So we hook up the nozzle, it blows out, and he is standing there with a SMILE on his face! He played around with it for a while, grinning the entire time! Like a kid with a new toy. But he said now he knows how to fix it, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

And he delivered! Ran a small bolt through the front, top to bottom, to prevent it from blowing open. Doesn't seem to make it any noisier than normal. Handy, handy man!

It is nice to have a handy man around......I sure appreciate my husband.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Love it! My kind of man! I am fortunate to have a husband like this too. Hope your day is smooth as silk today!

Several years ago, a drying seminar at GroomExpo instructed us not to use a nozzle.....a nozzle restricts the amount of air flowing threw the hose......by not using a nozzle, more air is sucked up into the dryer motor, and the fur/hair dries faster, not by the force of the air, but by the amount of dry air flowing through it.

By-the-way, if you wanted to keep that nozzle on your hose, I would have used a cheap hose clamp (that tightens up by the way of a screw). Just Google "hose clamp"

Happy throwing the nozzle away

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

I use a nozzle but with a saw made the opening larger, works best.

Awesome!!!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.