Default Facebook ads. Started advertising. Do you?

I am skeptical about Facebook, because they have been in trouble for huge errors or lies about ad reach. But I decided I needed to at least try them. However, when I looked up several of my clients, none of them had active facebook pages. Most stopped posting a few years ago. Facebook does make it very easy to use. Made a facebook page for my business, am paying $2 a day for a basic ad directing people to my website. Also paid $20 for a one-day boost of a video post. Targeted to my city, women, 35 to 65 yrs.
    Anyone else do Facebook ads?
    How many new clients, if any, did you get?
    How much did you spend?
    What type of ad?

We did a few years back. Nothing remarkable to speak of. Most of our new customers are in order, 1) referral, 2) building sign seen from the road and 3) website. Online our website works best and costs $50 a year.

Forgot we spent about $500 on FB ads. Never again.

I spent about $50 so far. Trying to make my ads interesting enough that people will click on them, thats a challenge.

I spent three hundred if memory serves some years ago. Nah, ok. But I have a shop and and people find us and we get vet referrals a lot and customer referrals. I remember Emma you are housecall so you don't have something like a sign. I think this is good to try but I think getting your website in searches for a cat grooming pays off better. At least I would think so. We get more from our site than FB then or now.

Definitely. My website shows up on searches, but heres the challenge for my business. Lots and lots of people dont even search for cat grooming, because they dont know its a real thing, or assume it only means shaving, or think it has to happen at a vet or salon. So i need to increase awareness of the existence of cat grooming, and that its not only shaving. One women said her friends told her there is no such thing as a housecall cat groomer, so she was very happy to find me.
    Got 7 new visitors to my site from the boosted post on facebook. I did a really cute ad with a cat gif. No emails or calls yet.

I did a whole webinar/workshop (2.5 hours) on using Facebook for grooming businesses, including FB ads. It is available on the NCGI website: http://nationalcatgroomers.com/faceb...ng-businesses/

It is really an interesting, and even amazing, advertising medium. Very rarely are you able to have so much control over who sees your ad, how much you spend and when, and have such in-depth insights available for both your traffic (FB page) and your advertising. However, there is a good bit of a learning curve and trial/error is key to find what works the best (image, video, copy, call to action, landing page, etc.). It also depends heavily on what your marketing goal is for that campaign. Boosting posts very rarely can be tracked to direct sales, because it typically falls under 'brand awareness' versus a call to action that promotes sales. I'd rather use carefully crafted ads, take advantage of split testing and make sure I'm budgeting appropriately.

Thanks! I will look at the webinar. Yay!
    Will you be doing facebook ads for your new business? (CONGRATULATIONS! Looks like an amazing place!!)

FB has been noticed that they are not telling the truth about their US users. They talk revenue not users. According the the most recent report FB has lost 15,000,000 users in the US in just two years. Sure it is viable to market now but there will be an end to FB as dominant in just a few years. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...W0V?ocid=ientp