Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Payment delays

Thanks for asking!
    Yes. One of the clients pre-paid for her next visit, which impressed me since I didn't ask her to do that.
    The other client scheduled a visit, then texted a request to reschedule. Haven't heard from her since. Perhaps she realized that she didn't have the cash on hand. I hope her cat isn't sick.
    The 3rd client who late-paid may not yet understand, but if I give her a reminder that payment is due at time of service, I would be surprised if she late-paid again as she is a sweet person.
    I am ready with PayPal, and added credit card payment to my site also, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedog View Post
    So are you all paid up with everybody??

Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    Thanks for asking!
    Yes. One of the clients pre-paid for her next visit, which impressed me since I didn't ask her to do that.
    The other client scheduled a visit, then texted a request to reschedule. Haven't heard from her since. Perhaps she realized that she didn't have the cash on hand. I hope her cat isn't sick.
    The 3rd client who late-paid may not yet understand, but if I give her a reminder that payment is due at time of service, I would be surprised if she late-paid again as she is a sweet person.
    I am ready with PayPal, and added credit card payment to my site also, just in case.
    Oh my, I think I would be in shock if I finished an appointment and client simply said they did not have money to pay me. So sorry that happened to you.

Over the 16 yrs and counting of my full time house call business, I've had a total of 6 bad checks (that is considered very good). 4 of which the client knew before I did and they made it well. 1 of which I had to inform the client and they made it well. 1 I had to take to the magistrate, (after 3 civilized attempts to get paid (consisting of phone calls & certified letter). It took 6 to 7 months, but I finally got paid.

Last year, one client got so busy, they forgot to leave my money, a few good times, however, I knew they were good for it, so no panic. Finally, they put me on their payroll, where I get a check mailed to me the first week of every month. (cool)

I did have some clients in the past that would leave and think they would get back in time, before I was finished. When they didn't, I left a detailed receipt of payment due now, ASAP, written boldly and where to send the check. I have a business post office set up just for those things.

Maybe these payment issues are just a few bumps in the road, that are behind you now. Good Luck in the New Year and have a happy one!

Signing out, as a very tired groomer this evening

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2