Animated Wink Fear Free Groomer Certification Course

Admin: We got this info from them and posting here for your consideration....

Groomers who complete this course will learn how to use Fear Free concepts to ensure that the grooming experience is as enjoyable as possible for every pet, every time. Step-by-step video clips and slides show how to teach animals to love the grooming table, clippers, bathtub, blow dryer, and more.

Groomers will learn how to set up the salon environment to help ensure Fear Free grooms, from the moment a pet enters the salon, throughout the groom, and until the moment they leave. This includes shop layout, sights, sounds, smells, entrances and exits, and more.

All of this translates into decreased stress for groomers and animals, leading to happier pets, more frequent visits, and increased revenue, when satisfied clients spread the word about how much their pet loved their grooming experience!

You can learn more about the course here:
    https://fearfreepets.com/fear-free-g...urse-overview/

What is Fear Free?
    Founded in 2016, Fear Free provides online education to veterinary professionals, the pet professional community, and pet owners. Our mission is to prevent and alleviate fear, anxiety, and stress in pets by inspiring and educating the people who care for them.

Lori Chamberland Education Manager
    Fear Free, LLC
    2420 17th Street
    Denver, CO 80202
    C: 617.302.7346
    E: lori.chamberland@fearfreepets.com
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

I took the Fear Free course for veterinary professionals. Found it to be helpful.

Very intriguing I remember your mentioning this Emma. Do you think a shop should provide this to all its groomers?

I just completed the Fear-Free course for groomers. It was very informative, though mostly we already had in practice. Things like meet and greet that they call "meet and treat", educating owners on things they can do at home to help alleviate anxiety and strees for grooming, playing classical music and diffusing essential oils to try to create a calming atmosphere, etc. I have a colleques who is opne of the top trainers in the area and holds a PHD in animal psychology and behavior that is already Fear Free certified. I want to get in touch with her to see if we can start collaborating on helping desensitize dogs to the grooming process. I find what we see is usually just the tip of the iceberg and there are usuallly other behaviour issues going on at home. By working with a trainer we can not only address conditioning for grooming, but also address other behaviours that may be present and causing the animal aniexty or stress.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Furry View Post
    I just completed the Fear-Free course for groomers. It was very informative, though mostly we already had in practice. Things like meet and greet that they call "meet and treat", educating owners on things they can do at home to help alleviate anxiety and strees for grooming, playing classical music and diffusing essential oils to try to create a calming atmosphere, etc. I have a colleques who is opne of the top trainers in the area and holds a PHD in animal psychology and behavior that is already Fear Free certified. I want to get in touch with her to see if we can start collaborating on helping desensitize dogs to the grooming process. I find what we see is usually just the tip of the iceberg and there are usuallly other behaviour issues going on at home. By working with a trainer we can not only address conditioning for grooming, but also address other behaviours that may be present and causing the animal aniexty or stress.
    Excellent sounds like a great meeting of the minds and plan of action. Let us know how it goes.

So for those of you that have taken it while you say know something of course, do you truly recommend it? Sounds like essential training for people for grooming schools to me. I like the idea.

The Fear Free course for Veterinary Professionals was well worth it for me. I changed the way I work after taking the course. My grooming visits are now easier on cats and easier on me, as well as easier on the owner.